Rosen's Emergency Medicine - Concepts and Clinical Practice, 2-Volume Set, 8th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Medicine category!
Rely on Rosen's Emergency Medicine for the latest answers on every facet of emergency medicine practice. For decades, this medical reference book has set the standard in emergency medicine, offering unparalleled comprehensiveness, clarity, and authority - to help you put the latest and best knowledge to work for your patients in the ER.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Effectively apply the newest emergency medicine techniques and approaches, including evidence-based therapies for shock; high-cost imaging; evaluation and resuscitation of the trauma patient; cardiovascular emergencies; evaluation and risk stratification for transient ischemic attack (TIA) patients; and much more.
- Locate the answers you need quickly thanks to a user-friendly, full-color design, complete with more illustrations than ever before.
- Access the complete contents on the go from your laptop or mobile device at Expert Consult, fully searchable, with links to PubMed.
- Practice confidently with easily actionable, dependable guidance on the entire breadth of emergency medicine topics.
- Get expert guidance on how to approach specific clinical presentations in the ER. The "Cardinal Presentations Section" provides quick and easy reference to differential diagnosis and directed testing for fever in the adult patient; dizziness and vertigo; chest pain; and over 20 other frequently seen presentations in the emergency department.
"This is a necessary update to the prior edition. It is well written, presenting clinically useful information through both text and illustrations. Long considered one of the authoritative textbooks in emergency medicine, this edition only reinforces that reputation."-Maria Goertz, MD(Regions Hosptial and Level 1 Trauma Center) Doody Review: 5 stars
By John Marx, MD, Formerly Adjunct Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina; Chair Emeritus, Department of Emergency Medicine, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina; Robert Hockberger, MD, Professor of Clinical Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California; Chair Emeritus, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California and Ron Walls, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts