Workbook for ICD-9-CM Coding, 2012 Edition
Theory and Practice
Reinforce your knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding concepts and apply that knowledge to realistic medical records! Corresponding to the chapters in Lovaasen and Schwerdtfeger's ICD-9-CM Coding: Theory and Practice, 2012 Edition, this practical workbook offers engaging, interactive exercises to help you transfer textbook knowledge to successful employment in medical coding.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Greater emphasis on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding prepares you for the 2013 implementation of ICD-10.
- Matching exercises, multiple-choice questions, coding questions, and case scenarios with MS-DRG assignment reinforce key concepts from the textbook.
- Hands-on application activities and case studies help you master textbook concepts by applying them to actual health records and case scenarios.
- Both ICD-9-CM codes and ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS codes are shown in all coding exercises and examples (including answer keys) to prepare you for the 2013 implementation of ICD-10.
- ICD-10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting are included in each coding chapter, immediately following the ICD-9-CM coding guidelines.
- A companion Evolve website includes textbook updates, links to additional content, and more.
By Karla R. Lovaasen, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, Coding and Consulting Services, Abingdon, MD, Jennifer Schwerdtfeger, BS, RHIT, CCS, CPC, CPC-H