Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PN® Examination, 5th Edition
This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.
Get everything you need to review for the NCLEX-PN exam from one trusted source! This unique, bestselling review and preparation guide offers the perfect combination of core content review, practice questions, comprehensive rationales, and detailed test-taking strategies from the NCLEX expert herself: Linda Silvestri. Updated to reflect the latest NCLEX-PN test plan, this new edition features over 4,200 high-quality review questions in the book and on the companion Evolve website to help you hone your understanding of all the important NCLEX-PN content areas.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content and questions reflect the latest NCLEX-PN test plan.
- New full-color design makes for a more visually engaging learning experience.
- Priority Nursing Actions boxes outline and explain clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including detailed rationales and textbook references to help strengthen your prioritizing skills in clinical and testing situations.
- Pyramid Alert boxes reinforce learning of essential content frequently tested on the NCLEX-PN exam.
- New video and graphic option questions familiarize you with all the alternate item format question types.
- New chapter on Physical Assessment of the Adult Client highlights the key components of physical examination and health history often encountered on the NCLEX-PN® exam.
- More than 4,200 practice questions in the text and companion Evolve site provide ample testing practice in both print and electronic format - 500 more than the last edition!
- 15 pharmacology chapters address the emphasis on pharmacology questions on the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Hundreds of alternate item formats - including multiple response, ordered response, fill-in-the-blank, figure, chart/exhibit, audio, graphic option, and video questions - prepare you for this additional component of the new NCLEX-PN test plan.
- Pyramid points identify content that typically appears on the NCLEX-PN test plan.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of the chapter, guidance on what content to focus on, and its relative importance to the most recent NCLEX-PN test plan.
- Comprehensive exam consisting of 85 questions related to all content areas in the book and representative of the percentages identified in the NCLEX-PN test plan.
"This is a nursing text book to end all text books as this is so comprehensive and the chapters are well set out and it does not take the reader long to navigate around the book...This is written especially for the nursing students to pass the NCLEX-PN exam. It is still a valuable resource for the nursing student in the UK. As this is so comprehensive, this is a book to refresh the newly qualified nurse and would be a valuable resource in any nursing university or hospital library."
Nursing Times, April 2013
By Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI