Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$88.95|
|Print - Hardback||$88.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
With just the right level of information to equip you to effectively care for adults and older adults, Linton's Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing, 5th Edition is the leading LPN/LVN text in its field. Covering both med-surg and psychiatric mental health conditions and disorders, it addresses your role in a variety of care settings, emphasizes culturally competent care and holistic nursing, and thoroughly covers all relevant NCLEX-PN Test Plan content. Abundant real-life case studies clearly show how to apply what you've learned to clinical practice.
New to This Edition
- Highlights safety and risk factors with a new Safety Considerations icon, alerting you to potential risks in the clinical setting.
- Emphasizes evidence-based practice, providing specific examples of how scientific evidence can justify and support patient care.
- Offers a unique focus on prioritization throughout, with top priorities for each major disorder emphasized in all nursing care sections, to help you better prepare for the NCLEX exam.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX-PN Examination! includes Key Points, Review Questions, and Case Studies that address the NCLEX Client Needs categories of Safe and Effective Care Environment, Physiological Integrity, Psychosocial Integrity, and Health Promotion and Maintenance. An excellent review for course assessments and the NCLEX exam!
- Get Ready for the NCLEX-PN Examination! includes interactive prioritization exercises, case studies, review questions, and a pharmacology tutorial.
- Fluids and Electrolytes Tutorial
- Body Spectrum A&P Coloring Book
- Spanish/English Glossary
- Laboratory Reference Values
- Expanded Audio Glossary
- Animations of anatomy and physiology and procedures
Enhanced resources on Evolve include:
- Features separate chapters on common, high-profile disorders (including hypertension, diabetes, and shock), providing an in-depth understanding for patient care.
- Offers foundational units on basic concepts related to the health care system, care settings, the nursing process, leadership, nutrition, the older adult, growth and nutrition, legal/ethical considerations, evidence-based nursing care, and many more essential topics, avoiding repetition later in the text
- Includes a separate, comprehensive unit on the older adult and related disorders - no other LPN/LVN med-surg text has as much coverage of this primary patient group.
- Includes a separate, comprehensive unit on psychosocial responses to illness, psychiatric disorders, and substance abuse - eliminating the need for a separate psychiatric mental health nursing text.
- Emphasizes content related to the NCLEX-PN Test Plan, including health promotion, nutrition, legal/ethical issues, HIPAA, and prevention of medication/medical errors.
- Offers in-depth pharmacology coverage: the Pharmacology Tutorial covers drug classifications, how drugs work, and nursing responsibilities; Pharmacology Capsules boxes provide medication information, precautions for use, interactions, and side/adverse effects; and Pharmacology and Medications tables in body systems chapters include classification, use/action, side/adverse effects, and nursing interventions - all with the goal of reducing medication errors on the job and equipping you to pass the NCLEX exam.
- Assists with assignment and supervision, helping you assign tasks to nurse assistants, patient care techs, and unlicensed assistive personnel, and making sure you understand the difference between delegation, management, supervision, and assignment of tasks on the health care team.
- Features Diagnostic Tests and Procedures tables for a quick reference to MRI, CT, Doppler flow, lumbar puncture tests for neurologic disorders, and much more.
- Highlights timely information with Health Promotion boxes, Cultural Considerations boxes, Nutrition Considerations boxes, and Complementary and Alternative Therapies boxes.
- Provides bulleted lists of nursing instructions for Patient Teaching Plans, stressing the role and responsibility of the LPN/LVN to reinforce patient education.
- Provides consistent Nursing Care Plans that reinforce the nursing process and focus on critical thinking, and Put on Your Thinking Cap Critical Thinking boxes encourage you to pause and consider the practical implications of what you have just read.
By Adrianne Dill Linton, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Chair, Department of Family Community Care Systems, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, School of Nursing, San Antonio, TX