The Extra Step, Physician-Based Coding Practice 2011 Edition - E-Book
Coding educator Carol J. Buck designed this easy-to-use resource to help you perfect your coding skills and position yourself for career advancement. The Extra Step, Physician-Based Coding Practice 2011 Edition presents realistic patient cases specific to outpatient physician settings to give you the extra practice you need to remain competitive in the medical coding marketplace and prepare for the CPC and CCS-P certification exams.
- More than 130 cases covering 18 specialties provide comprehensive coding practice in physician-based settings to strengthen your understanding and help you ensure your professional success.
- Abstracting questions at the end of many cases are designed to assess knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Challenging reports are accompanied by detailed rationales on the companion Evolve Resources website to help you perfect your critical thinking skills and reinforce your knowledge of key coding concepts.
- ICD-9-CM codes are accompanied by corresponding ICD-10-CM codes in the answer keys to familiarize you with the new coding system.
- Cases are mapped to the content outline of the CPC and CCS-P certification exams to help you prepare for certification.
- A companion Evolve Resources website keeps you informed of updates in the coding field and provides rationales for textbook patient cases and hints and tips for more efficient coding.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Program Director (Retired), Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN