Review of Sleep Medicine, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Ace the ABMS sleep exam with practice tests in print and onlineTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Review of Sleep Medicine, Second Edition, is a comprehensive review-and-test workbook for preparation of the Sleep Board exam. Emphasizes the highlights of sleep medicine and recaps major points with figures, tables, and lists to guide readers. The second half is a mock examination for practice, which includes many polysomnogram segments and multiple epochs. Also included are 500 exam questions, a quick reference to drug effects relating to sleep medicine, and an appendix on sleep scoring basics
- Effectively prepare for the ABMS sleep exam using case-based multiple-choice and fact-testing questions that parallel those on the test.
- Identify the reasoning behind each answer with comprehensive explanations so you know how to think logically about the problems.
- Quickly review crucial material with succinct summaries of all aspects of working with the sleep disordered patient.
- Master the content tested on the exam through explanatory high-yield tables and charts, sleep stage scoring, and an artifacts and arrhythmias mini-atlas.
- Tap into the expertise of a multidisciplinary team of recognized leaders ranging from world-renowned sleep researchers to sleep clinicians and educators.
"Although targeted at physicians who are preparing to take the ABSM certification exam, the book is also a useful resource for other healthcare professionals who serve clients in a medical setting that treats sleep disorders. This is a pandect on sleep medicine. It undoubtedly ranks as one of the best test preparation guides for those who are preparing to take the ABSM exam." - Maureen Smith, MS, RN, APN-RC, Rush University Medical Center (5 Star Doody Rating)
- Robust online package includes:
- More than 600 ABSM-focused interactive questions with answers in study and timed practice modes
- Fully searchable text
- Links to PubMed.
- Updated coverage of the latest advances in sleep medicine for pharmacology, tools in clinical sleep medicine, sleep disorders, and much more.
- Brand new chapters in:
- Sleep Breathing Disorders
- Cardiovascular Pathophysiology
- Evaluating Epilepsy
- Pearls of Pediatric Sleep
- Cardiopulmonary Disorders
- Neurological Sleep Disorders
- Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Clinical Case Studies II
- Knowing Practice Parameters
By Alon Y. Avidan, MD, MPH, Director, UCLA Sleep Center
Director, UCLA Neurology Clinic
UCLA, Department of Neurology
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
710 Westwood Blvd., Room 1-169/ RNRC
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1769
and Teri J. Barkoukis, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine, Fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Director, Sleep Medicine Fellowship, Pulmonary-Critical Care Division, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE