Aminoff's Electrodiagnosis in Clinical Neurology, 6th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Appropriately select, implement, and interpret electrodiagnostic tests to identify a full range of central and peripheral nervous system disorders with Aminoff’s Electrodiagnosis in Clinical Neurology! Covering everything from basic principles to the latest advances in electrodiagnosis, this medical reference book helps you make optimal use of this powerful but complex diagnostic modality in compliance with regulatory and professional standards, so you can diagnose patients accurately and initiate effective treatment and management strategies.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Keep up with developments in the field through significant updates, including new chapters on Artifacts and Normal Variants in the Electroencephalogram; Microneurography; Clinical Applications of Nerve Excitability Testing; Ultrasound of Muscle and Nerve; The Blink Reflex and Other Brainstem Reflexes; Visual Evoked Potentials,Electroretinography and Other Diagnostic Approaches to the Visual System; and Magnetic Stimulation in Clinical Practice and Research.
- Access information on the go from your laptop or mobile device via expertconsult.com, featuring fully searchable text, and links to PubMed.
- Meet regulatory and professional standards and apply best practices with state-of-the-art guidance (for both non-specialists and specialists) emphasizing the clinical applications of each electrodiagnostic technique.
- Get easily actionable information and avoid mistakes with electrophysiologic findings integrated into the clinical context in which they are obtained.
- Deepen your understanding of the principles, scope, limitations, diagnostic importance, prognostic relevance, and complications for each technique.
- Visually grasp the technical and practical aspects of electrodiagnostic tests with almost 800 charts, figures, and tables.
- Rely on the knowledge, experience, and perspective of renowned expert Dr. Michael J. Aminoff and an international team of contributors comprised of a virtual "who’s who" of clinical neurophysiology.
"It is a comprehensive review of the latest understanding of neurophysiology techniques and how neurophysiology relates to clinical function. This edition continues to delight and impress. The topics and updates are spot on. This is an essential title that all neurologists and neuroscience professionals must have on their bookshelves." - Joseph I Sirven, MD(Mayo Clinic Arizona) Doody's Review Service
"Aminoff’s Electrodiagnosis in Clinical Neurology has become known as the classic textbook of electrodiagnostic methodology…The list of collaborators reads like a Who’s Who of clinical neurophysiology. Electrodiagnosis in Clinical Neurology belongs in every clinical neurophysiology laboratory and should be easily accessible to residents and students. Academic neurologists and physiatrists and those in clinical practice - both those who use these techniques and those who simply refer their patients for such studies - should find this text a valuable reference source as well." - JAMA, September 2005
By Michael J. Aminoff, MD, DSc, FRCP, Distinguished Professor, Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA