Conn's Current Therapy 2013
Expert Consult: Online and Print
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Ideal for busy medical practitioners who need quick, reliable answers, Conn’s Current Therapy is the one resource that focuses solely on the most up-to-date treatment protocols for the most common complaints and diagnoses. Hundreds of international contributors provide evidence-based advice to help you make more effective diagnoses and apply the most promising therapeutic strategies.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Easily reference in-depth topics such as chest pain, pseudomembranous colitis, metabolic conditions, digestive diseases, skin disorders, and more with a reworked organization that lets you look up specific illnesses and find all the information you need in one place.
- Apply the latest treatment options for campylobacter and blood component therapy with the aid of two brand-new chapters.
- Gain the most effective results for your patients with quick, easy access to the latest evidence-based treatments and therapies.
- Apply the proven treatment strategies of hundreds of top experts in your field.
- Get quick access to critical information with "Current Diagnosis" and "Current Therapy" boxes at the beginning of each chapter as well as standardized diagnostic points and clinical recommendation tables.
- Access the full text online-including four "bonus" chapters-anytime, anywhere at www.expertconsult.com.
[REVIEWER’S EXPERT OPINION]
Robert Michael Garcia, Medical degree (University of Arizona College of Medicine)
This is a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of common clinical problems seen in a primary care practice. Tables and illustrations provide information in an organized and easy-to-understand, summarized fashion.
As a busy family physician for the past 25 years, I find the book very useful and applicable.
The book concentrates on common medical problems and diseases that busy practitioners will see on a daily basis. Pertinent information regarding current diagnosis and treatment are organized and summarized in easy-to-understand boxes and tables. The information provided is evidence-based, and references are from major journals.
This is an extremely useful resource for researching a particular medical problem or if there is a specific question regarding a medical issue that is not clear. It is also especially useful as a quick reference and can be added to practitioner’s short list of "go to" books and resources when seeing patients in a busy practice setting. Updates to this edition justify replacing previous editions.
Weighted Numerical Score: 92 - 4 stars!
By Edward T. Bope, MD, Director, Riverside Methodist Hospitals, Family Practice Residency Program, Columbus, OH and Rick D. Kellerman, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Kansas, Wichita, Kansas