Pharmacology, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Pharmacology, 4th Edition helps you master the "must-know" concepts in this subject and how they apply to everyday clinical problem solving and decision making. This concise yet comprehensive text clearly explains and illustrates challenging concepts and helps you retain the material - from course exams and the USMLE Step 1 right through to clinical practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Learn the latest pharmacologic mechanisms and applications with new and updated drug information throughout.
- Be aware of new "off label" uses, including important FDA regulations.
- Quickly reference essential information thanks to abundant tables throughout, and drug classification boxes at the beginning of each chapter.
- See how pharmacology applies to practice with real-world case studies.
- Prepare for exams with self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter.
- Understand complex concepts visually with the aid of superb full-color illustrations.
- Access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com, along with an additional glossary, chapter-by-chapter summaries and case studies, a full list of featured drugs, 150 USMLE-style questions, animations, and more.
US Student: “Great format and chapter outline. The descriptions are very concise and have great information. The tables with the side effect comparisons of drugs in the same category are wonderful. The pictures that describe the mechanisms of action help illustrate and assist you in remembering the material.”
"This pharmacology textbook is one of the best for teaching a basic pharmacology course. This third edition is markedly improved over the earlier ones. Although designed especially for osteopathic and allopathic medical students, this book also would serve as an excellent text for pharmacy, nursing, and other allied health professions students who are required to take a basic pharmacology course. This book will function as a useful text for both discipline-based and integration-based curricula. Weighted Numerical Score: 98 - 5 Stars!" - Thomas L. Pazdernik, PhD(University of Kansas Medical Center), from Doody’s Reviews
By George M. Brenner, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Pharmacology, Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Tulsa, OK and Craig Stevens, PhD, Professor of Pharmacology, Oklahoma State University, Tulsa, OK