Today's Medical Assistant, 2nd Edition
Clinical & Administrative Procedures
Get everything you need to prepare for a successful career as a medical assistant - all from one book!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
For the first time – all in one volume – here’s everything you need to prepare for a successful career as a medical assistant! Today’s Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative Procedures is a hands-on, comprehensive guide to all of the concepts and skills you need for success in today’s busy medical office: medical knowledge, clinical skills, and administrative details. No other medical assisting text provides everything you need in such a practical, accessible package! Bringing together the clinical know-how of Kathy Bonewit-West, the administrative expertise of Sue Hunt, and the anatomy and physiology knowledge of Edith Applegate, this unique text offers a single-volume, manageable approach to both clinical and administrative procedures, as well as an essential understanding of anatomy and physiology. It provides a solid foundation for success in today’s fast-paced medical office, covering all the concepts and skills needed for modern medical assisting and their application to real-life situations.
- Consistent, meticulous coverage throughout the main text, IRM, SG, DVDs, Evolve, and more provide reliable content and unparalleled accuracy.
- Over 90 procedural videos on DVD and online provide a visual representation of important procedures.
- Expanded Student Evolve site contains all animations, games (such as Quiz Show and Road to Recovery), drag-and-drop exercises, Apply your Knowledge exercises, Prepare for Certification exercises, matching exercises, and other helpful activities such as blood pressure readings, determining height and weight, and drawing up medication.
- What Would You Do? What Would You Not Do? boxes and responses offer applications of real-life case studies.
- Clear and concise Anatomy and Physiology coverage covers the basics of A&P and eliminates the need for a separate A&P text.
- Content updates reflect the latest competencies for medical assistants and ensure you have the most current information on the newest trends and updates in the medical assisting world.
- 8th grade reading level makes material approachable and easy to understand.
- New chapter on Emergency Preparedness offers a well-rounded perspective on what to do in specific emergency situations.
- New OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens video improves your understanding of personal safety following the OSHA standards.
- Pronunciation section in the Terminology Review gives you confidence with pronunciation and medical knowledge.
- Application to EMR where appropriate prepares you for the real world by dealing with electronic medical records.
By Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants; Sue Hunt, MA, RN, CMA (AAMA), Former Professor and Coordinator, Medical Assisting Program, Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA and Edith Applegate, MS, Professor of Sciences and Mathematics, Kettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering, OH