Vaccines, 6th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
2013 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Public Health!
Apply the latest vaccination knowledge with a reference that Bill Gates calls "an indispensable guide to the enhancement of the well-being of our world." Inside Vaccines, you’ll find comprehensive and current coverage of every aspect of vaccination, from the development of each vaccine to its use in reducing disease. This medical reference book offers the expert information you need to apply the very latest techniques and information in your practice!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Make optimal use of the latest vaccines for pneumococcal disease, rotavirus, human papillomavirus, herpes zoster, meningococcal disease, and much more.
- Stay at the forefront of new developments with completely updated chapters on malaria and HIV vaccines, a new chapter on vaccine regulations across the world, and many other revisions throughout.
- Gain a complete understanding of each disease , including clinical characteristics, microbiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment, as well as epidemiology and public health and regulatory issues.
- Update your knowledge of both existing vaccines and vaccines currently in the research and development stage.
- Get complete answers on each vaccine, including its stability, immunogenicity, efficacy, duration of immunity, adverse events, indications, contraindications, precautions, administration with other vaccines, and disease-control strategies.
- Analyze the cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness of different vaccine options.
- Clearly visualize concepts and objective data through an abundance of tables and figures.
- Perform seamless searches of the complete text online, access all the references, and download all the images at www.expertconsult.com.
"Widely regarded as The Bible for vaccinologists… the book remains the work of reference that every person working in the field of vaccines and those with an interest in infectious diseases should have."
The Lancet: Infectious Diseases, June 2008
"For anyone wishing to know everything important about existing vaccines, this book provides an indispensable source of authoritative information."
Immunology News, February 2009
"The new foreword by Bill Gates emphasizes the importance of vaccines and the value of this book. This is the leading reference that covers all aspects of vaccinology. There are no comparable books available. In the rapidly evolving field of vaccinology, this new edition is essential."
- Archana NMI Chatterjee, MD PhD, Creighton University
5 Star - Doody's Rating, March 2013
By Stanley A. Plotkin, MD, Emeritus Professor of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania; Executive Advisor to the CEO, Sanofi Pasteur, Doylestown, PA, USA; Walter Orenstein, MD, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, Emory University; Associate Director of the Emory Vaccine Center and former Director of the National Immunization Program. and Paul A. Offit, MD, Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA; Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA.