Stoelting's Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease, 6th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
With Stoelting’s Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease, you’ll have the succinct, yet thorough guidance you need to successfully avoid or manage complications stemming from pre-existing medical conditions. Advanced research from experts in the field will help you overcome the toughest challenges in practice, letting you offer your patients the best care, each and every time.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay at the forefront of your field with the most updated information on each coexisting condition’s definition; current pathophysiology; significant pre-, intra-, and postoperative factors of the disease process; anesthetic judgment; and management.
- Keep current with changing patient populations with a new chapter on managing morbidly obese patients.
- Access the information you need quickly thanks to a disease-based organization.
- Overcome your toughest challenges with the latest guidelines and evidence integrated into each chapter.
- Deliver anesthesia as safely as possible with extensive coverage of the pathophysiology of numerous coexisting conditions.
- Effectively manage special patient populations with a focus on pediatric, geriatric, and adult patients.
- Master the ins and outs of a wide range of diseases, from common to rare, through detailed discussions of each disease’s unique features.
- Access the fully searchable text online anytime, anywhere, at www.expertconsult.com.
"In this, their second stint as editors, Drs Hines and Marschall have retained their previous 'winning formula' by producing a comprehensive reference base of common and some less common diseases in a highly structured and easily read format...This textbook delivers a wealth of information on coexisting disease including recently updated guidelines and recommendations on various medical conditions often encountered in the perioperative period...this is an excellent and well-written edition of Stoelting's popular textbook, which covers the major aspects of coexisting disease in surgical patients...The range and depth of topics presented and discussed in this edition will ensure that it remains a valued resource and, ideally, it should be readily available to all staff (and students) involved in the delivery of anaesthesia."
British Journal of Anaesthesia, March 2013
"This remains a readable and informative book that will be useful to trainees and experienced clinicians alike. This edition has a few new authors and provides updated treatment algorithms and recommendations for care."- David Glick, MD, MBA (University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine) Doody rating!
By Roberta L. Hines, MD, Nicholas M. Greene Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT and Katherine Marschall, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT