Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Noted pain authority Dr. Steven Waldman returns with a new edition of Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes. Delivering complete, concise, step-by-step visual guidance, this innovative, popular atlas equips you to effectively diagnose and manage pain syndromes commonly encountered in any clinical practice. Clearly labeled, vivid illustrations depict the physical symptoms and anatomy of each pain site, and diagnostic images demonstrate key findings from MRI, CT, and conventional radiography. With an easy-to use, templated format, and online access to the complete text and image bank at www.expertconsult.com, you’ll have Dr. Waldman’s preferred approaches right at your fingertips.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Effectively apply the latest pain management techniques and approaches with 20 new chapters covering Supraorbital Neuralgia, Charlin's Syndrome, Vail’s Syndrome, Hyoid Syndrome, Subacromial Impingement Syndrome, Thrower’s Elbow Syndrome, and Triangular Fibrocartilage Tera Syndrome - to keep you abreast of the conditions presenting in today’s pain management practice.
- See, identify, and diagnose patients' pain issues with help from clinically relevant illustrations that connect pain syndromes to clearly labeled anatomic illustrations. Line drawings, clinical photographs as well as x-rays, CTs, and MRIs, helping you to confirm your diagnoses and confidently implement pain management techniques.
- Access the complete text and illustrations online at Expert Consult, fully searchable.
- Reinforce your knowledge with 20 new pain syndromes added in which the pieces of the puzzle (signs and symptoms) don’t quite fit the simple diagnosis.
- Avoid potential pitfalls in diagnosis and treatment of pain syndromes by referring to "Side Effects and Complications" sections in each chapter.
- Ensure proper reimbursement with comprehensive coverage of insurance coding information.
- Quickly and easily find the information you need thanks to highly templated chapters that explore signs and symptoms, physical findings, laboratory and radiographic testing, treatment options, clinical pearls, and diagnostic codes for each pain syndrome.
- Accurately diagnose and treat common pain syndromes by following a step-by-step approach that progresses from signs and symptoms through physical findings, laboratory and radiographic testing, treatment options, clinical pearls, and diagnostic codes.
"A highly practical and very user friendly text… It should find its way onto the bookshelf of most pain medicine clinics and certainly all pain medicine training programs, regardless of specialty orientation."
--Anesthesia and Analgesia, review of the previous edition
By Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, Director, Headache and Pain Center, Leawood, KS; Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO