Diagnostic Atlas of Renal Pathology E-Book, 2nd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Diagnostic Atlas of Renal Pathology, by Agnes B. Fogo, MD and Michael Kashgarian, MD, delivers practical, highly visual guidance for effectively and accurately diagnosing a wide range of pathologic entities. More than 700 high-quality illustrations help you to recognize the pathologic features and clinical manifestations of both common and rare renal disorders and to formulate confident and accurate diagnoses. Thoroughly updated throughout, this companion to Brenner & Rector's, The Kidney, 9th Edition provides the newest information regarding categorizing and classification of diseases and describes how this relates to the various morphological lesions illustrated and their clinical significance. Access the complete text and all of the illustrations at www.expertconsult.com.
New to This Edition
- Keep current with the latest knowledge and evidence-based practices. Comprehensive updates throughout include a brand-new chapter on "Approaches to Chronic Kidney Disease" that includes coverage of Chronic Kidney Disease; Age-Related Sclerosis; Glomerular vs. Tubulointerstitial vs. Vascular Disease; and the differential diagnostic approach to Segmental Glomerulosclerosis lesions. Extensive updates to all previous chapters include new classifications of various diseases such as igA nephropathy, diabetic nephropathy, crescentic GN, and renal transplant rejection.
- Stay well informed about hot topics including acute phosphate nephropathy; new concepts in the pathogenesis of thrombotic microangiopathies and eclampsia; and new information relative to etiology and pathogenesis of podocytopathies.
- Quickly access the information you need thanks to a user-friendly format, tables and sidebars with key points and differential diagnoses, and chapters that include concise, templated discussions regarding the etiology and pathogenesis of the disorder.
- Access the full text and entire image library online at expertconsult.com.
- See more than 700 high quality representative images of light, immunofluorescence, and electron microscopy for each diagnostic entity with correlations to clinical presentation and pathogenesis.
- Easily locate in-depth information on any disease's clinical course and treatment by cross-referring companion text, Brenner & Rector's The Kidney.
- Grasp key characteristic pathologic findings and prognostic, pathogenetic, and etiologic information through focused, detailed discussions.
- Make accurate, complete reports by fully understanding clinical correlations.
- Get an in-depth examination of pathophysiology, clinical presentations, and comprehensive references
By Agnes B. Fogo, MD, Professor of Pathology, Medicine and Pediatrics, Director, Renal Electron Microscopy laboratory, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA and Michael Kashgarian, MD, Professor of Pathology and Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology; Director of Laboratories; Director, Renal and Electron Microscopy Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT