Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology E-Book, 6th Edition
Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology examines the full spectrum of rheumatologic diseases and non-rheumatologic musculoskeletal disorders in children and adolescents, detailing the presentation, differential diagnosis, course, management, and prognosis of every major condition. Drs. James T. Cassidy, Ross E. Petty, Ronald M. Laxer, and Carol B. Lindsley discuss recent developments in diagnosis, treatment, genetics, immunology, imaging, and more.
New to This Edition
- Keep current with coverage of new topics including macrophage activation syndrome, pediatric sarcoidosis, uveitis, imaging, and occupational and physical therapy.
- Tap into detailed discussions of recent advances in the field, new research on the immunologic mechanisms of inflammatory disease, and new developments on biologic treatments for arthritis in ten new chapters.
- Master complex concepts and key techniques with a full-color design and full-color illustrations.
- Diagnose and treat effectively through exhaustive reviews of the complex symptoms and signs and lab abnormalities that characterize these clinical disorders.
- Choose treatment protocols based on the best scientific evidence available today.
- Apply the knowledge and experience of the leading experts in the field.
By James T. Cassidy, MD, Professor of Child Health; Chief, Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, Department of Child Health, University of Missouri Health Sciences Center and Children's Hospital, Columbia, MO; Ross E Petty, MD, PhD, FRCPC, Professor, Division of Rheumatology, University of British Columbia; Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, British Columbia Children's Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Ronald M. Laxer, MD, FRCPC, Professor, Pediatrics and Medicine, University of Toronto, Division of Rheumatology, THe Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Carol B Lindsley, MD, Professor of Pediatric Rheumatology, The University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas