Breastfeeding E-Book, 7th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Breastfeeding is a comprehensive reference that provides basic science information as well as practical applications. Dr. Ruth Lawrence-a pioneer in the field of human lactation-covers the uses of certain drugs in lactating women, infectious diseases related to lactation, the latest Australian research on anatomy and physiology, and much more.
New to This Edition
- Treat conditions associated with breastfeeding-such as sore nipples, burning pain, or hives-using extensive evidence-based information.
- Apply the latest understanding of anatomy and physiology through coverage of recent Australian CT and MR studies of the breast and its function.
- Stay current on new research on infectious diseases germane to lactation and new antibiotics, antivirals, and immunizations available for use during lactation.
- Effectively manage the use of medications during lactation thanks to an updated discussion of this difficult subject.
- Provide thoughtful guidance to the breastfeeding mother according to her circumstances, problems, and lifestyle from integrated coverage of evidence-based data and practical experience.
- Make appropriate drug recommendations, including approved medications, over-the-counter medications, and herbal remedies.
By Ruth A. Lawrence, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Obstetrics, and Gynecology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York