Endosonography E-Book, 2nd Edition
Endosonography-by Drs. Robert H. Hawes, Paul Fockens, and Shyam Varadarjulu-is a rich visual guide that covers everything you need to effectively perform EUS, interpret your findings, diagnose accurately, and choose the best treatment course. World-renowned endosonographers help beginners apply endosonography in the staging of cancers, evaluating chronic pancreatitis, and studying bile duct abnormalities and submucosal lesions. Practicing endosonographers can learn cutting-edge techniques for performing therapeutic interventions such as drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts and EUS-guided anti-tumor therapy. This updated 2nd edition features online access to the fully searchable text, videos detailing various methods and procedures, and more at www.expertconsult.com. You'll have a complete overview of all aspects of EUS, from instrumentation to therapeutic procedures.
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with 60 procedural video clips, 300 downloadable PowerPoint slides, and 400 downloadable images, and regular updates reflecting the latest findings.
- Stay abreast of the most recent studies thanks to downloadable tables that summarize new information, updated on a quarterly basis.
- Master the technique of systematically performing EUS, then download the hundreds of slides and videos available online to teach and train the newer generation of endoscopists.
- Find coverage relevant to your needs with detailed chapters, illustrations, and videos on how to perform EUS for the beginner; a new section on international EUS and technical tips on how to handle difficult FNAs for the advanced user; a totally revised chapter on cytopathology for the pathologist; and a chapter on EBUS and EUS dedicated to the mediastinum for the pulmonologist.
- Get a clear overview of everything you need to know to establish an endoscopic practice, from what equipment to buy to providing effective cytopathology service.
- Tap into the expertise of world-renowned leaders in endosonography, Drs. Robert H. Hawes, Paul Fockens, and Shyam Varadarajulu.
- Gain a detailed visual understanding on how to perform EUS using illustrations and high-quality images.
- Understand the role of EUS with the aid of algorithms that define its place in specific disease states.
- Locate information quickly and easily through a consistent chapter structure, with procedures organized by body system.
By Robert H. Hawes, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, MUSC Medical Center, Charleston, SC, USA and Paul Fockens, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Director of Endoscopy, Department of Gastroenterology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands