Textbook of Family Medicine E-Book, 8th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Edited by Robert E. Rakel, MD and David P. Rakel, MD, Textbook of Family Medicine remains your #1 choice for complete guidance on the principles of family medicine, primary care in the community, and all aspects of clinical practice. Ideal for both residents and practicing physicians, it includes evidence-based, practical information to optimize your patient care and prepare you for the ABFM exam. The full-color format features a clean, quick-reference layout that makes it easy for you to put information to work immediately in your practice. You can also access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, plus 30 videos of common office procedures, additional chapters on timely topics, and figures, tables, and photographs that supplement the text.
New to This Edition
- Access the complete contents and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com - fully searchable - plus additional figures, tables, and photographs online, as well as online-only chapters that cover topics such as prescribing nutritional supplements and botanicals.
- View 30 videos online covering common office procedures such as vasectomy, the proper use of today's diabetic equipment, and endometrial biopsy.
- Gain a new understanding of the patient-centered medical home and how to achieve this status in outpatient clinics.
- Make the most effective care decisions with help from "Evidence vs. Harm" icons that guide you through key treatments of common medical conditions.
- Prepare for success on the ABFM exam with complete coverage of all aspects of family medicine.
- Access information quickly with an efficient, full-color layout that makes it easy to apply the latest knowledge in your practice.
- Take advantage of today's most useful online resources with a convenient list of outstanding clinical websites.
- Quickly spot "Best Evidence Recommendations" with special boxes located throughout the text.
- Glean helpful tips on diagnosis and therapy from "Key Points" boxes found on every page.
By David Rakel, MD, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine; Director, University of Wisconsin Integrative Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI and Robert E. Rakel, MD, Family Practice Center, Houston, TX