Massage Therapy - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Massage Therapy: Principles and Practice, 4th Edition helps you master the foundational knowledge, skills, and abilities for your career in massage therapy. With clear writing and a straightforward approach, leading massage authority Susan G. Salvo and her team of expert contributors and reviewers provide cutting-edge, practical information and professional insight in one broad, in-depth, and visually engaging resources, giving you everything you need to launch a successful career in massage therapy.
New to This Edition
- All-new Clinical Massage chapter broadens your career potential with detailed information on trigger points, posture, gait, and rehabilitation for working in physician-referred practices, multidisciplinary clinics, and sports injury environments.
- All-new Research Literacy chapter demonstrates the importance of research-based massage practice and guides you through the process of acquiring and applying the latest information.
- Expanded Business chapter helps you prepare for today's job market and appeal to potential employers and clients using digital media and social networking tools.
- Numerous case studies and critical thinking questions challenge you to apply your knowledge and understanding in realistic scenarios.
- Vibrant group muscle illustrations help you accurately identify, locate, and palpate muscles.
- Charts and tables summarize important information such as nutrition and pharmacology for fast, easy reference at a glance.
- Innovative "motion" photographs demonstrate technique sequence in greater clarity than traditional images.
- Content reflects the most essential massage therapy topics as identified by the Massage Therapy Body of Knowledge (MTBOK).
- Enhanced online resources on Evolve make chapter review and exam preparation fun and engaging.
- Clear, straightforward approach simplifies complex content for better understanding.
- Thorough anatomy and physiology coverage integrated throughout helps you master essential A&P concepts without buying additional resources.
- Emphasis on kinesiology includes more than 170 images of muscles, bones, joints, and related structures, and useful muscle action charts.
- Bound-in DVD guides you through 2 hours of techniques, routines, client interactions, and case scenarios.
- 675 high-quality illustrations clarify difficult concepts in vibrant detail.
- Biography profiles and candid interviews provide a real-world perspective on massage practice from the most respected authorities in massage and bodywork.
- DVD icons throughout the text and E-Resources lists at the end of each chapter direct you to corresponding multimedia resources on the bound-in DVD and companion Evolve website to help you save time and study more efficiently.
By Susan G. Salvo, M.Ed., LMT, NTS, CI, NCTMB, Co-Owner, Co-Director, and Instructor, Louisiana Institute of Massage Therapy, Lake Charles, LA; Veteran Massage Therapist, Lake Charles, LA