Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine E-Book, 5th Edition
Completely revised, the 4th Edition of this authoritative reference delivers a wealth of new information that enables readers to identify, treat, and manage a full range of respiratory disorders more easily than ever. Edited and written by leaders in the field, the book covers the scientific principles of respiratory medicine; its foundations in basic anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and immunology; and its clinical applications. It features a wealth of new chapters * coverage of new modalities in biotechnologic, genomic, and informational sciences * a new 2-color design that makes it easier and quicker to access key information * and complete references for further study.
New to This Edition
- Search the full text online at expertconsult.com, along with downloadable images, regular updates, more than 50 videos, case studies, and self-assessment questions.
- Consult new chapters covering Ultrasound, Innate Immunity, Adaptive Immunity, Deposition and Clearance, Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia.
- Find critical information easily using the new full-color design that enhances teaching points and highlights challenging concepts.
- Apply the expertise and fresh ideas of three new editors-Drs. Thomas R. Martin, Talmadge E. King, Jr., and Dean E. Schraufnagel.
- Review the latest developments in genetics with advice on how the data will affect patient care.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability. Compatible with Kindle®, nook®, and other popular devices.
- Master the scientific principles of respiratory medicine and its clinical applications.
- Work through differential diagnosis using detailed explanations of each disease entity.
- Learn new subjects in Pulmonary Medicine including Genetics, Ultrasound, and other key topics.
- Grasp the Key Points in each chapter.
By Robert J. Mason, MD, Cetalie & Marcel Weiss Chair in Pulomonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado; Professor of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado
; V.Courtney Broaddus, MD, John F. Murray Distinguished Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco; Chief, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California
; Thomas Martin; Talmadge E King, Jr., MD, Julius R. Krevans Distinguished Professorship in Internal Medicine, Chair, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
; Dean Schraufnagel; John F. Murray, MD, DSc(Hon), FRCP, Professor Emeritus of Medicine, University of California; Former Chief, Chest Service, San Francisco General Hospital; Cardiovascular Research Institute Investigator, San Francisco, CA and Jay A. Nadel, MD, DSc(HON), Professor of Medicine and Physiology, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California