Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine E-Book, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Completely revised, the 4th Edition of this authoritative reference delivers a wealth of new information that enables readers to identify, treat, and manage a full range of respiratory disorders more easily than ever. Edited and written by leaders in the field, the book covers the scientific principles of respiratory medicine; its foundations in basic anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and immunology; and its clinical applications. It features a wealth of new chapters * coverage of new modalities in biotechnologic, genomic, and informational sciences * a new 2-color design that makes it easier and quicker to access key information * and complete references for further study.
New to This Edition
- Search the full text online at expertconsult.com, along with downloadable images, regular updates, more than 50 videos, case studies, and self-assessment questions.
- Consult new chapters covering Ultrasound, Innate Immunity, Adaptive Immunity, Deposition and Clearance, Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia.
- Find critical information easily using the new full-color design that enhances teaching points and highlights challenging concepts.
- Apply the expertise and fresh ideas of three new editors-Drs. Thomas R. Martin, Talmadge E. King, Jr., and Dean E. Schraufnagel.
- Review the latest developments in genetics with advice on how the data will affect patient care.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability. Compatible with Kindle®, nook®, and other popular devices.
- Master the scientific principles of respiratory medicine and its clinical applications.
- Work through differential diagnosis using detailed explanations of each disease entity.
- Learn new subjects in Pulmonary Medicine including Genetics, Ultrasound, and other key topics.
- Grasp the Key Points in each chapter.
By Robert J. Mason, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center; Professor of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver Colorado; V. Courtney Broaddus, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of California; Chief, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA; Thomas Martin; Talmadge King, Jr., MD, Chief of Medicine San Francisco General Hospital San Francisco, CA, USA; Dean Schraufnagel; John F. Murray, MD, DSc(Hon), FRCP, Professor Emeritus of Medicine, University of California; Former Chief, Chest Service, San Francisco General Hospital; Cardiovascular Research Institute Investigator, San Francisco, CA and Jay A. Nadel, MD, DSc(HON), Professor of Medicine, Physiology and Radiology, University of California, San Francisco; Cardiovascular Research Institute Investigator, San Francisco, CA