Emergency Medicine, 2nd Edition
Clinical Essentials (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Emergency Medicine, 2nd Edition delivers all the relevant clinical core concepts you need for practice and certification, all in a comprehensive, easy-to-absorb, and highly visual format. This well-regarded emergency medicine reference offers fast-access diagnosis and treatment guidelines that quickly provide the pearls and secrets of your field, helping you optimize safety, efficiency, and quality in the ED as well as study for the boards.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Be prepared to manage increasingly prevalent problems seen in the ED, such as emergent complications of fertility treatment and management of patients who have had bariatric surgery.
- Deliver high-quality care to your younger patients with expanded pediatrics content.
- Stay up to date with new chapters on Clotting Disorders and Hemophilia, Patient-Centered Care, Health Disparities and Diversity in Emergency Medicine, Cost-Effectiveness Analysis, Antibiotic Recommendations for Empirical Treatment of Selected Infectious Diseases, and Cardiac Emergency Ultrasound: Evaluation for Pericardial Effusion & Cardiac Activity.
- Access the complete contents of Emergency Medicine online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com, with downloadable images, tables and boxes, and expanded chapters, plus videos demonstrating ultrasound-guided vascular access, sonography for trauma, and more.
- Get clear, concise descriptions and evidence-based treatment guidelines for a full range of clinical conditions, ranging from the common to the unusual.
- Find the information you need quickly with a highly visual format that features hundreds of full-color clinical photographs, illustrations, algorithms, tables, and graphs, plus key information highlighted for fast reference.
- Consult high-yield text boxes in every chapter for Priority Actions, Facts and Formulas, Documentation, Patient Teaching Tips, Red Flags, and Tips and Tricks.
- Make the most of your limited time with easy-to-digest blocks of information, consistently presented for clear readability and quick reference.
- Study efficiently and effectively for the boards, or rapidly consult this title in daily practice, thanks to well-organized chapters, a superb use of images and diagrams, and clinically relevant, easy-to-understand content.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of renowned educators, dedicated to compiling today’s best knowledge in emergency medicine into one highly useful, readable text.
"Covers a huge range of clinical conditions and is well illustrated with clinical photographs, x-ray films, diagrams and clinical pathways. What is particularly good about this textbook is the practical nature of its clinical information. The language is straightforward and the clinical decision pathways are clear. I am struggling to find any areas to improve on in this text which has already become my standard reference work in the ED." - review of the previous edition by Dr. Steven Bush, Unividas,
"This is an excellent resource for emergency physicians. It provides comprehensive coverage of all key topics and core content areas. With the breadth of information this book covers, a well-organized format makes for a succinct reference for study or review. The information is up to date with algorithms and treatment guidelines that are also useful as a reference for practicing physicians. The electronic access makes this resource valuable as a tool that can be used in the clinical setting when quick retrieval of information is needed. As the specialty of emergency medicine is rapidly evolving, this second edition is justified as it provides new and updated material."- Jason Vanvalkenburg, MD (Regions Hospital and Level 1 Trauma Center) Doody review!
By James G. Adams, MD, FACEP, Professor and Chief, Division of Emergency Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA