Hematology, 6th Edition
Basic Principles and Practice, Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Hematology, 6th Edition encompasses all of the latest scientific knowledge and clinical solutions in the field, equipping you with the expert answers you need to offer your patients the best possible outcomes. Ronald Hoffman, MD, Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, Leslie E. Silberstein, MD, Helen Heslop, MD, Jeffrey Weitz, MD, John Anastasi, MD, and a host of world-class contributors present the expert, evidence-based guidance you need to make optimal use of the newest diagnostic and therapeutic options.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply all the latest knowledge on regulation of gene expression, transcription splicing, and RNA metabolism; pediatric transfusion therapy; principles of cell-based gene therapy; allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome in adults; hematology in aging; and much more, thanks to 27 brand-new chapters plus sweeping updates throughout.
- Find the information you need quickly and easily thanks to a completely reworked organization that better reflects today’s clinical practice.
- Visualize clinical problems more clearly with new and updated images that reflect the pivotal role of hematopathology in modern practice.
- Benefit from the experience and fresh perspective of new editor Dr. Jeffrey Weitz, Professor of Medicine at McMaster University School of Medicine and Executive Director of the Thrombosis and Atherosclerosis Research Institute in Ontario.
- Make confident, effective clinical decisions by consulting the world's most trusted hematology reference.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, with a downloadable image collection, regular updates, case studies, patient information sheets, and more.
"This outstanding book will be a great resource to hematologists in practice and in training all over the world. It is current and, with plans for continually supplementing the online version as more information becomes available, it will continue to be up to date."
-Kehinde Adekola, MBBS Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
5 Star - Doody's Rating, March 2013
By Ronald Hoffman, MD, Professor of Hematology and Medical Oncology, the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York; Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, President, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Richard and Susan Smith Professor of Medicine, Professor of Pediatrics, Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts; Leslie E. Silberstein, MD, Professor of Pathology, HMS; Director, Joint Program in Transfusion Medicine; Children’s Hospital Boston; Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Senior Investigator, IDI; Director, Center for Human Cell Therapy, IDI; Boston, Massachusetts; Helen Heslop, MD, Professor, Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics Section of Hematology-Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine; Dan L. Duncan Chair Director, Adult Stem Cell Transplant Program, The Methodist Hospital; Associate Director Clinical Research, Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center; Houston, Texas; Jeffrey Weitz, MD, Professor of Medicine,McMaster University School of Medicine; Executive Director of the Thrombosis and Atherosclerosis Research Institute; Canada Research Chair in Thrombosis; Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and John Anastasi, MD, Associate Professor; Assistant Director, Hematopathology; Medical Director, Flow Cytometry; Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago; Chicago, Illinois