Medical-Surgical Nursing, 7th Edition
Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, Single Volume
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$158.00|
Using a uniquely collaborative and reader-friendly approach, expert authors Donna D. Ignatavicius and M. Linda Workman cover all the latest trends, evidence-based treatment guidelines, and additional updated information needed for safe clinical practice in medical-surgical nursing. This seventh edition features an expanded emphasis on patient safety and NCLEX® Examination preparation, new ties to the QSEN priorities for patient safety, and a greater alignment with the language and focus of clinical practice. A new chapter on evidence-based practice and a wealth of effective online learning tools help solidify your mastery of medical-surgical nursing.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Patient safety is emphasized throughout with Nursing Safety Priority features, including Drug Alerts, Critical Rescue, and Action Alerts.
- More NCLEX® Examination preparation, including integrated NCLEX Examination Challenges to prepare you for the types of questions you will see on today’s NCLEX Examination.
- Greater use of realistic clinical language familiarizes you with the terminology actually used by nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in clinical practice today.
- Streamlined, prioritized coverage of the nursing process highlights the most important patient problems, regardless of whether they can be addressed by independent nursing actions or must be addressed by collaborative interventions.
- UNIQUE! New ties to QSEN competencies for patient safety inform you of the best safety practices in medical-surgical nursing.
- More coverage of evidence-based practice teaches you how to appraise the validity of research and provides synopses of recent nursing research and other evidence-based articles.
- Student Resources on Evolve include animations, video clips, audio clips, tutorials, Review Questions for the NCLEX Examination, and more.
- Improved layout and design streamlines content for an easier reading experience.
- Coverage of core genetics competencies acquaints you with new research demonstrating a genetic component to many diseases and disorders.
- Increased emphasis on health promotion and promotion of self-care offers strategies for helping people recover from illness and stay well and prevent illness.
- All-new Concept Maps match the streamlined nursing process format of the text and employ more creative, visually oriented symbols.
- UNIQUE! Collaborative approach presents all medical, surgical, nursing, and other interventions through the lens of the nursing process.
- Reader-friendly, direct writing style makes this one of the most readable medical-surgical nursing textbooks available.
- UNIQUE! Cutting-edge focus on the latest trends in nursing practice and nursing education prepares you for both today and tomorrow’s nursing practice.
- UNIQUE! Integrated tools for NCLEX preparation get you ready for your licensure examination.
- Chapter-opening Learning Outcomes are linked to Self-Assessment Questions for the NCLEX Examination on the Evolve website.
- Unique chapter-ending Get Ready for the NCLEX Examination! sections include Key Points organized by NCLEX Client Needs Categories.
- UNIQUE! Focus on nursing concepts helps bridge the gap between the concepts learned in Nursing Fundamentals, and disorders content learned in the medical-surgical nursing course.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on clinical decision-making teaches you to apply concepts to true-to-life clinical situations.
- UNIQUE! Concentration on the core body of knowledge for the RN level of medical-surgical nursing practice focuses your attention on "need-to-know" content to pass the NCLEX Examination and practice safely as a beginning nurse.
- Rich array of effective learning aids includes:
- Best Practice for Patient Safety & Quality Care
- Best Practice for Emergency Care
- Patient and Family Education: Preparing for Self-Management
- Nursing Focus on the Older Adult
- Home Care Assessment
- Focused Assessment
- Common Examples of Drug Therapy
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Concept Maps
- Laboratory Profiles
- Assessment Using Gordon’s Functional Health Patterns
By Donna D. Ignatavicius, MS, RN, ANEF, Speaker and Curriculum Consultant for Academic Nursing Programs;
Founder, Boot Camp for Nurse Educators;
President, DI Associates, Inc.
Placitas, New Mexico and M. Linda Workman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Volunteer Faculty, College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio; Formerly, Gertrude Perkins Oliva Professor of Oncology, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio