A Practice of Anesthesia for Infants and Children, 5th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Deliver safe, effective anesthetic care to infants and children.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
Provide optimal anesthetic care to your young patients with A Practice of Anesthesia in Infants and Children, 5th Edition, by Drs. Charles J. Cote, Jerrold Lerman, and Brian J. Anderson. 110 experts representing 10 different countries on 6 continents bring you complete coverage of the safe, effective administration of general and regional anesthesia to infants and children - covering standard techniques as well as the very latest advances.
- Find authoritative answers on everything from preoperative evaluation through neonatal emergencies to the PACU.
- Get a free laminated pocket reference guide inside the book!
- Quickly review underlying scientific concepts and benefit from expert information on preoperative assessment and anesthesia management, postoperative care, emergencies, and special procedures.
“No anaesthesia department should be without a copy.”—British Journal of Anaesthesia, review of the last edition.
"This edition has expanded the number of chapters and uses color-coded sections for easy navigation. The wide range of specialists brings impressive breadth and depth of expertise...This comprehensive guide to anesthesia for infants and children provides valuable expertise for all clinicians practicing in the field."-- DOODY'S BOOK REVIEW, 5 Stars
- Stay on the cutting edge of management of emergence agitation, sleep-disordered breathing and postoperative vomiting; the use of new devices such as cuffed endotracheal tubes and new airway devices; and much more.
- Familiarize yourself with the full range of available new drugs, including those used for premedication and emergence from anesthesia.
- Benefit from numerous new figures and tables that facilitate easier retention of the material; new insights from neonatologists and neonatal pharmacologists; quick summaries of each chapter; and more than 1,000 illustrations that clarify key concepts.
- Access the entire text online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com, plus an extensive video library covering simulation, pediatric airway management, burn injuries, ultra-sound guided regional anesthesia, and much more; and new online-only sections, tables and figures.
By Charles J. Cote, MD, Professor of Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School; Director of Clinical Research, Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, MassGeneral Hospital for Children; Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; Jerrold Lerman, MD, Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY; Department of Anesthesiology, Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA and Brian Anderson, Associate Professor of Anaesthesiology