Goldman's Cecil Medicine, 24th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition -- Enhanced Online Features and Print, Two Volume Set
Since 1927, Goldman's Cecil Medicine has been the world's most influential internal medicine reference. Edited by Lee Goldman, MD and Andrew I. Schafer, MD, with associate editors and contributors who number among the most recognized and respected authorities in the field, Cecil continues to set the standard for all other resources of its kind. This dynamic, multi-media reference - with its practical, straightforward style, accessible organization, evidence-ranked references, and robust online content - is quite simply the fastest and best place to find all of the authoritative, state-of-the-art clinical answers you need.
New to This Edition
- Stay current with the latest knowledge and evidence-based practices. Comprehensive updates throughout include a brand-new chapter on "Applications of Molecular Technologies to Clinical Medicine," a completely revamped section on infectious diseases, and coverage of the very latest cardiovascular techniques and treatments.
- Be certain with expert, dependable, accurate answers from Dr. Goldman and an editorial team that is a veritable "who's who" of modern medicine - including Jeffrey Drazen, MD, Editor-in-Chief of the New England Journal of Medicine and new associate editor Wendy Levinson, MD, 2009-2010 Chair of the Board of Directors of the American Board of Internal Medicine. Almost all contributors currently hold positions as Chairs of Internal Medicine departments around the U.S. and Canada and all are at the forefront of their respective subspecialty areas.
- Reference information more quickly thanks to a new, streamlined print format and easily searchable online access to supplemental figures, tables, algorithms, additional references, and expanded discussions as well as procedural videos, Seldom Asked Questions, and case studies.
- Stay on the cutting edge with updates personally selected by Dr. Lee Goldman and regularly integrated directly into each chapter online.
- Simplify and expedite decision making with practical, well-organized, templated chapters that include evidence-ranked references and algorithms to make clinically essential information leap right off the page.
- Access the fully searchable text online anywhere, anytime at www.expertconsult.com.
"First published in 1927 and now in its 24th edition, this book continues its legacy as a comprehensive pillar of modern medicine. The editors have brought together the best of world-renowned experts in their areas to organize an overview of the accepted facts of physiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Each of the classic textbooks of medicine is written with a particular philosophy, and this one is known for its practical, quick, comprehensive nature. This edition continues to meet that extraordinary goal. The editors and authors have drawn on their extensive experience to produce a truly noteworthy book. It is organized in the usual organ-system manner, but what really sets the tone are the exquisite figures, tables, and illustrations that help readers better understand and remember important points. The online full-text version is extremely easy to use with videos for diagnostic tests such as echocardiograms and endoscopies, physical examinations such as evaluating gait and other neurological signs, self-assessment questions, and case studies. Also included are QR Codes that, when used with a smartphone, will directly open the videos from the website. These videos are of extraordinarily high quality. This is part of the foundation of modern medicine. It remains a must-have for every medical library. Weighted Numerical Score: 100 - 5 Stars!"- Doody's Book Review
"This is the 24th Edition of these well recognized text book. Excellent tabular material, thorough diagrams, and bibliographies are available. All chapters have been brought up to date, which are completely re-written include geriatric medicine, genetics, immunology and clinical pharmacology. All chapters are written by well recognized experts in the appropriate fields. In addition to the two main editors, there are nine associate editors all outstanding representatives of their fields. This is a comprehensive volume of internal medicine and associated areas which can serve most excellently not only the medical student and the clinical resident but it should be on the bookshelf of all practicing physicians including those whose field is different from internal medicine."- Julian L. Ambrus, MD, PhD, FACP (Professor of Internal Medicine, State University of New York/Buffalo)
By Lee Goldman, MD, Executive Vice President for Health and Biomedical Sciences and Dean of the Faculties of Health Sciences and of Medicine, Harold and Margaret Hatch Professor of the University, Professor of Medicine and of Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, NY and Andrew I. Schafer, MD, The E. Hugh Luckey Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Chairman, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College; Physician-in-Chief, New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York