Total Burn Care, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Total Burn Care guides you in providing optimal burn care and maximizing recovery, from resuscitation through reconstruction to rehabilitation! Using an integrated, "team" approach, leading authority David N. Herndon, MD, FACS helps you meet the clinical, physical, psychological, and social needs of every patient. With Total Burn Care, you'll offer effective burn management every step of the way!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Decrease mortality from massive burns by applying the latest advances in resuscitation, infection control, early coverage of the burn, and management of smoke inhalation and injury.
- Enhance burn patients' reintegration into society through expanded sections on reconstructive surgery (with an emphasis on early reconstruction), rehabilitation, occupational and physical therapy, respiratory therapy, and ventilator management.
- Effectively manage burn patients from their initial presentation through long-term rehabilitation.
- Devise successful integrated treatment programs for different groups of patients, such as elderly and pediatric patients.
- Browse the complete contents of Total Burn Care online and download images, tables, figures, PowerPoint presentations, procedural videos, and more at www.expertconsult.com!
"The book is well presented and authoritative and encompasses 66 chapters of 784 pages with additional online content which includes 55 PowerPoint presentations and 27 videos...the online content was simple both to activate and to use... Total Burn Care remains encyclopedic in its content with numerous chapters detailing the in-depth theory of most of subjects relevant to burn care- from nutrition to hematology, surgical technique to epidemiology...Overall, Total Burn Care in its fourth edition is an excellent text- certainly the most comprehensive available today - and I would recommend this as the first choice for the library or book shelf of those involved in burn care."
Annals of Plastic Surgery, Oct 2012
"This edition remains the standard among textbooks describing burn management. The addition of extensive online materials allows inclusion of additional chapters and topics without increasing the size of the book. This edition has been extensively revised and includes many new authors." David J. Dries, MD(University of Minnesota Medical School) Doody 4 stars
By David N. Herndon, MD, FACS, Director of Burn Services; Professor of Surgery & Pediatrics, Jesse H. Jones Distinguished Chair in Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch; Chief of Staff & Director of Research, Shriners Burns Hospital for Children, Galveston, TX and David N. Herndon, MD, FACS, Director of Burn Services; Professor of Surgery & Pediatrics, Jesse H. Jones Distinguished Chair in Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch; Chief of Staff & Director of Research, Shriners Burns Hospital for Children, Galveston, TX