Sonography - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$141.00|
|Print - Hardback||$141.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Gain a firm understanding of normal anatomy and physiology from a sonographic perspective! Sonography: Introduction to Normal Structure and Function, 3rd Edition shows normal anatomy as it appears during scanning, with labeled drawings explaining what you should notice. With this knowledge, you will be able to accurately identify sonographic pathology and abnormalities. Over 1,200 illustrations include the latest and best images from the newest ultrasound equipment, including 3D and 4D images. Written by expert educators Reva Curry and Betty Tempkin, this book provides complete preparation for the challenges you'll encounter in the clinical environment.
New to This Edition
- Thorough coverage of the newest ultrasound techniques includes:
- Upper extremity vascular imaging
- Neonatal hip and spine
- 3D and 4D imaging
- Female pelvis scanning
- Thoracocentesis and paracentesis
- Doppler techniques for fetal ductus venosus, aorta and MCA imaging
- Quality control protocol
- Scanning planes and sectional anatomy
- Sterile technique
- 80 new sonograms demonstrate the latest and best images from state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment, including 3D and 4D images.
- New Embryological Development chapter explains how the different body systems of a fetus develop.
- New Penis and Scrotum chapter provides the latest information on male reproductive scanning.
- Important clinical information such as universal precautions and knobology has been moved from the appendix into the main text.
- Definitions of key terms begin each chapter.
- Summary tables for structure location and measurements are included for easy reference.
- Over 1,200 images provide a thorough, visual understanding of sonography.
- Detailed, labeled line drawings accompany most sonograms to highlight and outline the anatomic structures that are visible in the image.
- Physiology background allows you to correlate images with physiologic processes and know which images need to be captured for the diagnosis of pathology.
- Sonographic appearance and applications sections help you develop skills in obtaining the correct images and knowing why those images are so important.
- Correlation with laboratory and other studies helps you connect your results with the total patient picture of disease analysis.
- A consistent emphasis on vasculature helps in the diagnosis of arterial disease.
- Introduction to Specialty Sonography section discusses important specialty areas such as neonatal brain, pediatric and adult echocardiography, and vascular technology.
- A companion workbook reinforces the textbook with exercises offering additional practice in identifying anatomical structures and applying knowledge. Sold separately.
By Reva Arnez Curry, PhD, RT(R), RDMS, FSDMS, Executive Director of Community Partnerships, Stockton Center for Community Schools, School of Education, The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, Pomona, NJ and Betty Bates Tempkin, BA, RT(R), RDMS, Member, Board of Directors, Piedmont Virginia Community College, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, Charlottesville, VA; Ultrasound Consultant, Middlebrook, VA; Formerly, Clinical Director, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, FL