Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
In print, online, or on your mobile device, Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Disease provides the comprehensive and actionable coverage you need to understand, diagnose, and manage the ever-changing, high-risk clinical problems caused by infectious diseases in children and adolescents. With new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, and increased worldwide perspectives, this authoritative medical reference offers the latest need-to-know information in an easily-accessible, high-yield format for quick answers and fast, effective intervention!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Get expanded coverage for all types of infectious diseases including new chapters on infection related to pets and exotic animals, and tickborne infections.
- Apply the latest recommendations and treatments for emerging and re-emerging diseases including the H1N1 virus.
- Access information on the go from your laptop or mobile device via www.expertconsult.com, featuring a downloadable image gallery, fully searchable text, and links to PubMed.
- Spend less time searching thanks to a consistent, easily-accessible format featuring revised high-yield information boxes, highlighted key points, and an abundance of detailed illustrations and at-a-glance tables.
- Be prepared for the unexpected! A veritable "who's who" of global authorities provides practical knowledge to effectively diagnose and manage almost any infectious disease you may encounter.
- Quickly look up the answers you need by clinical presentation, pathogen, or type of host.
"This book provides up-to-date information on infectious disease in children. The chapters are written by experts in the field who impart the information required to treat these patients. When used in conjunction with a patient's history, physical, and clinical picture, this book will aid in the diagnostic process." - Renuga Vivekanandan, MD(Creighton University Medical Center) Doody 4 stars!
By Sarah S. Long, MD, Chief, Section if Infectious Diseases, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, PA, USA; Larry K. Pickering, MD, Senior Advisor to the Director, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Professor of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, GA and Charles G. Prober, MD, Senior Associate Dean, Medical Education Stanford University School of Medicine, Office of the Dean, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA