McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 8th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$108.00|
A fundamental text in the field of veterinary technology, McCurnin’s Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 8th Edition has the trusted content, simplified layout, and novel study tools every Vet Tech needs. Sections on small and large animals, birds, reptiles, and small mammals embrace every aspect of the veterinary field, while case presentations of actual patient situations link information to relevant, real-life scenarios. This color-coded, fully illustrated guide will give you a leg up in the constantly evolving Vet Tech field.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Chapter on fluid therapy and transfusion medicine, a critical aspect of veterinary technology.
- NEW! Introduction to the concept of the Technician Practice Model ensures that excellent nursing care is provided to each and every patient.
- NEW! Added content on electrocardiography included in the Emergency Nursing chapter.
- Full color photos bring concepts to life and emphasize the role of the vet tech.
- Vet Tech Threads offer helpful pedagogical aids such as introductions, suggested readings, boxed Technician Notes, learning objectives, chapter outlines and key terms.
- Large animal care integrated throughout the book with medical records, dentistry, physical examination, surgical instrumentation, and more.
- Step-by-step instructions and photographs makes information readily accessible in emergency and clinical situations.
- A companion workbook is available separately to help you master and apply key concepts and procedures with multiple choice questions, matching exercises, photo quizzes, labeling exercises, crossword puzzles, and more.
- Birds, reptiles, and small mammals chapter keeps you up-to-date with care and treatment for these increasingly popular pets.
- Chapters on pharmacology, pain management, restraint, and veterinary oncology offer a broader understanding of the responsibilities of a technician.
By Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor and Director, Program of Veterinary Technology, Manor College, Jenkintown, PA and John Thomas, DVM, Assistant Professor, Veterinary Technology, Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, OH