Head and Neck Pathology, 2nd Edition
A Volume in the Series: Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Part of the popular Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, Head and Neck Pathology delivers vital diagnostic guidance in a compact, high-yield format. Concise and easy to use, this pathology reference offers a practical, well-organized approach to evaluating a wide range of specimens in both head and neck and related endocrine pathology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Get concise, complete coverage of both head and neck pathology and related endocrine pathology (including salivary, thyroid, and thymus diseases and disorders) - all in one convenient book.
- Access the entire book online at www.excpertconsult.com, with a downloadable image bank, references linked to PubMed, and the ability to search across the entire Expert Consult library.
- Easily review normal histology before examining abnormal findings so you can avoid false positives.
- Reach accurate diagnostic conclusions easily with a consistent, user-friendly format that explores each entity's clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), ancillary studies, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations.
- Apply the latest diagnostic criteria for all of the most commonly seen neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the larynx, hypopharynx, and trachea; nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, and nasopharynx; oral cavity and oropharynx; salivary glands; ear; and temporal bone.
- Gain a superb visual understanding of important histologic features with hundreds of full-color illustrations representing a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
- Quickly reference key information with convenient, at-a-glance clinical and pathologic boxes throughout.
"This updated and well-illustrated book is designed for practicing pathologists and it compares very favourably with other similar competing books, both in breadth of coverage and quality of discussion and illustrations." - PathLab.org, March 2013
"This book stands out from others in this field because of its organization, useful tables, and high-quality color art. This updated edition is justified by the increase in general knowledge of pathological entities and the increasing complexity of the surgical pathology workload." - Natalie M Webster, MD(University of Kansas Medical Center) Doody 4 stars!
By Lester D. R. Thompson, MD, Chief, Head and Neck Pathology Division, Department of Pathology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Woodland Hills Medical Center, Woodland Hills, CA