Head and Neck Pathology, 2nd Edition
A Volume in Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
Today’s most essential head and neck pathology know-how in a compact, high-yield format
An efficient source for quick answers on head and neck pathology
Efficiently diagnose head and neck pathologyTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Commended, Basic and Clinical Sciences, BMA Awards 2007
This volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series packs today’s most essential head and neck pathology know-how into a compact, high-yield format! Its pragmatic, well-organised approach, abundant full-colour illustrations, and at-a-glance
tables make the information easy to access. It offers hundreds of full-colour illustrations that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
- Easily review normal histology before examining abnormal findings so you can avoid false positives.
- Reach accurate diagnostic conclusions easily with a consistent, user-friendly format that explores each entity's clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), ancillary studies, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations.
- Apply the latest diagnostic criteria for all of the most commonly seen neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the larynx, hypopharynx, and trachea; nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, and nasopharynx; oral cavity and oropharynx; salivary glands; ear; and temporal bone.
- Gain a superb visual understanding of important histologic features with hundreds of full-color illustrations representing a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
- Quickly reference key information with convenient, at-a-glance clinical and pathologic boxes throughout.
"This updated and well-illustrated book is designed for practicing pathologists and it compares very favourably with other similar competing books, both in breadth of coverage and quality of discussion and illustrations." - PathLab.org, March 2013
"This book stands out from others in this field because of its organization, useful tables, and high-quality color art. This updated edition is justified by the increase in general knowledge of pathological entities and the increasing complexity of the surgical pathology workload." - Natalie M Webster, MD(University of Kansas Medical Center) Doody 4 stars!
Head and Neck and Endocrine Pathology now combined in one volume.
Expert Consult Access with Image Bank
Jennifer Hunt added as co-editor
By Lester D. R. Thompson, MD, Chief, Head and Neck Pathology Division, Department of Pathology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Woodland Hills Medical Center, Woodland Hills, CA