Sonography Principles and Instruments - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 8th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$102.00|
|Print - Hardback||$102.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
The 8th edition of Kremkau's Sonography Principles and Instruments concisely and comprehensively covers the essential aspects of sonography physics and technology, presenting state-of-the-art content in a dynamic, highly visual format. Confidently prepare for the challenges of practice with a clear understanding of how diagnostic sonography works, including Doppler, artifacts, safety, quality assurance, the latest technology, and more.
New to This Edition
- A full-color design depicts more than 200 high-quality ultrasound scans similar to what you'll encounter in the clinical setting.
- Updated scans from the most current equipment and updated content on 3D imaging, contrast, elastrography, and imaging artifacts provide all the information necessary to be consistent with current technology.
- Full-color photos of common instruments and control panels familiarize you with the devices you'll use in practice.
- Updated risk and safety statements help you ensure compliance with current national standards.
- New outline and presentation of materials reflect the 2009 ARDMS Sonography Principles and Instrumentation (SPI) examination.
- Essential coverage of physics and ultrasound helps you prepare for the ARDMS SPI exam.
- Straightforward explanations simplify complex content.
- Key Points highlight the most important information to help you study more efficiently.
- Learning features such as chapter outlines, learning objectives, bulleted chapter summaries, and a glossary of sonography physics terms make difficult concepts easier to review and understand.
- End-of-chapter exercises test your knowledge and understanding with a mix of true-or-false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and mathematical questions.
- A mathematics appendix provides fast, efficient access to a List of Symbols, a Compilation of Equations, and a Mathematics Review.
By Frederick W. Kremkau, PhD, Professor, Radiologic Sciences and Director, Program for Medical Ultrasound, Center for Applied Learnng, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC