Essentials of Human Diseases and Conditions, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$77.95|
Prepare for the changing healthcare field with current disease pathology information and ICD-10-CM codes for more than 500 commonly encountered conditions with Essentials of Human Diseases and Conditions, 5th Edition. Consistently organized and easy to read, this portable, practical reference provides the comprehensive disease information you need to successfully perform common clinical and administrative medical assisting responsibilities you'll encounter in the physician's office, including telephone screening, taking patient examinations, understanding diagnostic and treatment procedures, assembling patient education programs, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! H1N1 influenza coverage alerts you to related dangers you may encounter on the job.
- NEW! ICD-10-CM codes for each disease prepare you for the October 2013 implementation of the new code set.
NEW! Icons direct you to corresponding learning exercises and additional information on the companion Evolve site.
- Enrichment boxes relate disease information to everyday practice.
- ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM codes included for each disease entry provide valuable practice looking up codes and illustrate differences between the two code sets.
- Current information on the most commonly encountered clinical disorders is presented in small segments for easier understanding.
- Full-color illustrations clarify difficult concepts.
- Consistent coverage for all diseases walks you through each step of patient care and treatment, including:
- Symptoms and Signs
- Patient Screening UNIQUE!
- Patient Teaching
- Pharmacology appendix details drug names, therapeutic objectives, side effects, and general comments for commonly prescribed drugs.
- Alerts highlight safety precautions for physician-based practice.
- Review Challenges reinforce content and reveal areas requiring additional study.
- Real-life Challenges test your ability to apply chapter content to real-world cases.
- Internet activities on the companion Evolve site broaden your understanding and direct you to additional information available online.
By Margaret Schell Frazier, RN, CMA, BS, Formerly-Department Chair, Health and Human Services Division, Program Chair, Medical Assisting Program, Ivy Tech State College, Fort Wayne, IN and Jeanette Drzymkowski, RN, BS, Formerly-Associate Faculty, Ivy Tech State College, Northeast, Fort Wayne, IN