Virtual Medical Office for Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 8th Edition
Gain realistic experience in a medical office without leaving the classroomTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Gain realistic experience in a physician’s office without leaving the classroom! By using Elsevier’s Virtual Medical Office learning system — an Elsevier textbook, a study guide, and interactive software — students develop critical thinking and decision-making skills they’ll need in their externships and on the job. In Virtual Medical Office, students experience patient care from check-in through check-out, exploring all national curriculum competencies. It shows how to manage different patients — and why. Each study guide lesson directs the student through the textbook and software and presents exercises focused on one or two medical assisting competencies. Realistic software simulations such as handling a difficult patient, setting up the exam room, and more, help students learn to apply concepts and learn from mistakes in a safe environment.
- Review key CAAHEP and ABHES competencies in professionalism, communication, and administrative tasks through 15 unique cases correlated directly to content in your textbook.
- Learn how to process patients from check-in to check-out and familiarize yourself with the medical office environment with 2 hours of immersive video footage.
- Experience realistic patient interaction and perfect your communication skills.
- Practice working with realistic documents and information sources, including medical records, an office policy manual, a fee schedule, a daysheet, and more.
- Perfect your critical thinking skills with active learning exercises.
- Assess your progress and compare results with experts through integrated performance reviews.
- Learn at your own pace with an easy-to-use interface that breaks lessons into manageable chunks.
- Learn to spot common coding errors and gain a more comprehensive understanding of important HIPAA protocols.
Complete and submit your assignments online through Evolve for convenient review and assessment.
All content updated to reflect the revision of the Bonewit-West, Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants.
By Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants