Carranza's Clinical Periodontology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 10th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Unsurpassed in its authority and scope, the 10th edition of the most widely used periodontics text has been revised to include the most up-to-date information on new technology and emerging concepts. Published for the first time in full-color, and containing a new section on evidence-based decision-making, new chapters, scores of new illustrations, and exclusive special features like Science Transfer information boxes, this edition reinforces its reputation as the text with the best coverage of periodontology available.
New to This Edition
- 6 chapters covering Oral Malodor, Host Modulation Agents, Recent Advances in Implant Surgical Technology, Levels of Clinical Significance, Diagnostic Imaging for the Implant Patient and Periodontal Treatment in Practice
- 16 completely revised/rewritten chapters bring forth the latest cutting-edge information on dozens of periodontal topics
- Section on Evidence-Based Decision-Making provides readers with an in-depth introduction to evidence-based decision-making, accessing evidence, and implementing evidence-based decisions in clinical practice
- Science Transfer boxes with commentary from leading periodontists appear in every chapter to provide scientific basis for clinical procedures
- Over 2,300 full-color illustrations and pictures provide readers with color accurate images for easier comprehension of specific conditions and treatments
- Comprehensive coverage provides readers with information on the entire spectrum of periodontics in a single volume
- Unique approach combining evidence-based decision-making, science transfer, and classification/nomenclature gives readers an efficient and decisive introduction to material
- Chapter outlines at the start of chapters highlight important topics at a glance
- Extensive references direct readers to the most current resources available for additional research
By Michael G. Newman, DDS, Adjunct Professor, University of California, Los Angeles, UCLA School of Dentistry, Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA; Henry Takei, DDS, Clinical Professor, University of California, Los Angeles, UCLA School of Dentistry, Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA; Perry R. Klokkevold, DDS, MS, Associate Professor and Director, Section of Periodontics, University of California - Los Angeles School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA and Fermin A. Carranza, Dr. Odont, Professor Emeritus, University of California, Los Angeles, UCLA School of Dentistry, Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA