Llama and Alpaca Care
Medicine, Surgery, Reproduction, Nutrition, and Herd Health
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
"..an essential text for anyone working with South American camelids." Reviewed by Claire E. Whitehead on behalf of Veterinary Record, July 2015Table of Contents
- Over 500 full-color images provide detailed, highly illustrated coverage of all major body systems, physical examination, nutrition, anesthesia, fluid therapy, multisystem diseases, and surgical disorders.
- World-renowned camelid experts and specialists in the field each bring a specific area of expertise for a uniquely global text.
- Comprehensive herd health content includes handling techniques, vaccinations, biosecurity, and protecting the herd from predators.
- Coverage of anesthesia and analgesia includes the latest information on pharmacokinetics of anesthetic drugs, chemical restraint, injectable and inhalation anesthesia, neuroanesthesia, and pain management.
- Reproduction section contains information on breeding management, lactation, infertility, and embryo transfer.
- Nutrition information offers detailed nutritional requirements and discusses feeding management systems and feeding behavior.
"This book is an essential text for anyone working with South American camelids. It is the first, all-around camelidspecific text that guides the clinician in their approach to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting these animals. It brings together the vast amount of knowledge that has accumulated over the past 20 years or so, into an accessible format." Reviewed by Claire E. Whitehead on behalf of Veterinary Record, July 2015
By Chris Cebra, VMD, MS, DACVIM, Professor of Large Animal Internal Medicine;College of Veterinary Medicine; Oregon State University; Corvallis, Oregon; David E. Anderson, DVM, MS,DACVS, Professor and Head, Large Animal Clinical Sciences; College of Veterinary Medicine; Veterinary Teaching Hospital; University of Tennessee; Knoxville, Tennessee
; Ahmed Tibary, DVM, PhD, DACT, College of Veterinary Medicine; Washington State University; Pullman, Washington
; Robert J. Van Saun, DVM, MS, PhD, DACT, DACVN, Pennsylvania State University; University Park, Pennsylvania
and LaRue Willard Johnson, DVM, PhD, Colorado State University (Emeritus)