Surgical Instruments, 4th Edition
A Pocket Guide
Make sure you can identify the many different types of surgical instruments! Surgical Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 4th Edition is a quick "go-to" source for information on over 160 of the most commonly used surgical instruments. Each two-page spread features full-color photos of an instrument and its tip (if applicable), and then describes how it is used, its common variations, and any alternative names. Written by Maryann Papanier Wells, this compact, durable reference is easy to keep with you at all times. With instruments alphabetized within each major instrument class, locating specific information has never been easier!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Surgical Power Tools chapter covers drills, saws, and other basic powered devices commonly used in surgical suites.
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Instruments chapter includes the leading robotic system and shows the most common instrument tips used to interface with the robot.
- Full-color photographs make it easier to distinguish between different metal-types for each instrument.
- Over 135 photos of instrument tips help you identify the various types.
- A definition of instrument class opens each chapter and is followed by a description of what the instruments are used for and how they are used.
- Two-page spreads show a single instrument, its tip (if applicable), name, uses in surgery, varieties, and any alternative names.
- Instruments are organized alphabetically within 12 major categories for quick and easy reference.
- Commonly used instrument sets are described in the last chapter, providing everything you need in preparing for most major procedures.
- Instrument at-a-glance view and spiral binding make this an ideal flashcard-style study tool.
By Maryann Papanier Wells, PhD, RN, FAAN, Nurse Manager, Perioperative Nursing, The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA