Saunders Medical Assisting Exam Review, 3rd Edition
Confidently prepare for success on your medical assisting certification examTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Completely updated to meet the current standards of the AAMA and the AMT, this streamlined review tool provides at-a-glance access to the concepts and competencies covered in the CMA and RMA examinations. It features comprehensive pre- and post-tests — available as pencil-and-paper tests or electronically on the companion CD-ROM — that mirror the content and format options of the certification exams. Practice tests include clear rationales that help identify areas where more study is needed. Test-taking tips and study techniques offer helpful suggestions on improving retention and recall.
- Updated content reflects current CAAHEP and ABHES standards and details the latest developments in Emergency Preparedness, the Electronic Medical Record, and more.
- New chapters reinforce your understanding of key concepts in Professionalism & Career Development and Nutrition.
- Current information keeps you up to date on the top 50 drugs most commonly encountered in practice.
- Information on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS provides a valuable introduction to the forthcoming billing and reimbursement code set.
- Updated laboratory tests and normal values familiarize you with current practices in testing technology.
Additional illustrations clarify important concepts.
- New chapters on HIPAA and IV Therapy include the latest information to match the current standards of the AAMA and AMT.
- Offers the latest information on the top 50 drugs most commonly encountered in practice.
- Updated laboratory tests and normal values reflect the most recent advances in laboratory testing technology.
- Additional illustrations clarify key concepts.
- Three 100-question pre-tests covering general, administrative, and clinical medical assisting concepts and competencies.
By Deborah E. Holmes, RN, BSN, RMA, CMA(AAMA), Medical Assistant Program Director, Vatterott College - Sunset Hills, St. Louis, MO