Spinal Injections & Peripheral Nerve Blocks
Volume 4: A Volume in the Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management Series; (Expert Consult Premium Edition -- Enhanced Online Features and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Spinal Injections & Peripheral Nerve Blocks - a volume in the new Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management series - presents state-of-the-art guidance on when and why these procedures should be performed, the mechanisms of action on pain, and current guidelines for practice. Honorio Benzon, MD; Marc Huntoon, MD; and Samer Nauroze, MD offer expert advice and scientific evidence supporting the use of spinal injections and sympathetic nerve blocks. Comprehensive, evidence-based coverage on selecting and performing these techniques - as well as weighing relative risks and complications - helps you ensure optimum outcomes. With access to the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com and procedural videos on Expert Consult, you’ll have the detailed visual assistance you need right at your fingertips.Table of Contents
- Understand the rationale and scientific evidence behind spinal injections and sympathetic nerve blocks - when and why they should be performed, the mechanisms of action on pain, and current guidelines for practice - and master their execution.
- Optimize outcomes, reduce complications, and minimize risks by adhering to current, evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Apply the newest techniques in employing ultrasound, fluoroscopy and computed tomography (CT) to guide needle placement.
- Quickly find the information you need in a user-friendly format with strictly templated chapters supplemented with illustrative line drawings, images, and treatment algorithms.
- See how it’s done through step-by-step procedural videos on Expert Consult.
- Access the fully searchable contents at expertconsult.com.
‘Part of a series on interventional pain management techniques, this volume focuses on peripheral nerve blocks and different injections done for back pain. Since the field of pain management is ever changing with the emergence of new techniques for old injections and the development of new procedures, a book like this is needed. This is a comprehensive and practical book of pain injection techniques. It provides all the necessary knowledge one needs to learn to become proficient at performing image-guided pain procedures. Definitely a must read for all pain fellows.’ - Tariq Malik, MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine (Doody 5 star rating)
By Marc Huntoon, Chair, Division of Pain Medicine
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Rochester, MN; Honorio Benzon, MD, Professor of Anesthesiology, Northwestern University Medical School; Chief, Division of Pain Medicine, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL; Samer Nauroze, MD, Program Director, Pain Medicine Fellowship Program
Director, Center for Neurological Restoration
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Cleveland, OH and Timothy Deer, MD, President and CEO,
The Center for Pain Relief
Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology,
West Virginia University School of Medicine
Charleston, West Virginia