Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Chronic Pain
Volume 1: A Volume in the Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management Series; Expert Consult Premium Edition -- Enhanced Online Features and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Chronic Pain - a volume in the new Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management series - presents state-of-the-art guidance on the full range of neuromodulation techniques performed today. Salim Hayek, MD, PhD and Robert Levy, MD, PhD offer expert advice on a variety of spinal cord, peripheral nerve, and peripheral nerve field stimulation procedures to treat chronic pain. Comprehensive, evidence-based coverage on selecting and performing these techniques - as well as weighing relative risks and complications - helps you ensure optimum outcomes. With access to the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com, you'll have the detailed visual assistance you need right at your fingertips.Table of Contents
- Understand the rationale and scientific evidence behind interventional and neuromodulatory techniques and master their execution.
- Optimize outcomes, reduce complications, and minimize risks by adhering to current, evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Apply the newest developments in motor cortex stimulation, deep brain stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, and spinal cord stimulation.
- Quickly find the information you need in a user-friendly format with strictly templated chapters supplemented with illustrative line drawings, images, and treatment algorithms.
- Access the fully searchable contents, plus bonus procedural videos, at expertconsult.com.
By Salim Hayek, MD, Chief, Division of Pain Medicine
University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western University
; Robert Levy, MD, Professor of Neurological Surgery and
Associate Professor of Physiology
Feinberg School of Medicine
and Timothy Deer, MD, President and CEO,
The Center for Pain Relief
Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology,
West Virginia University School of Medicine
Charleston, West Virginia