Sabiston Textbook of Surgery E-Book, 18th Edition
This distinguished reference carries on a 70-year legacy as the world's most thorough, useful, readable, and understandable text on the principles and techniques of surgery. Its peerless contributors deliver all the well-rounded, state-of-the-art knowledge you need to richly grasp the pathophysiology and optimal management of every surgical condition-so you can make the best clinical decisions, avoid complications, manage unusual situations, and achieve the best possible outcomes. It is a valuable review tool for certification/recertification preparation, and an indispensable source of guidance on overcoming the challenges that arise in everyday practice. As an Expert Consult title, the thoroughly updated 18th edition comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchable-enabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection. In addition, this Premium Edition includes timely clinical updates online, plus links to MEDLINE, downloadable illustrations, bonus journal articles, review questions, and much more.
New to This Edition
- Includes access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, PLUS timely updates to reflect new scientific and clinical developments · references linked to MEDLINE · downloadable illustrations · bonus articles from important surgery periodicals (such as Surgical Clinics of North America, the American Journal of Surgery, Operative Techniques in General Surgery, and Seminars in Colon and Rectal Surgery) · review questions · and other valuable features.
- Incorporates an enhanced emphasis on surgical outcomes to mirror the growing importance of this topic.
- Delivers comprehensive updates to keep you current with the latest research, techniques, and emerging procedures in the field, as well as completely new chapters on "Surgical Patient Safety" and "Regenerative Medicine."
- Offers a more distinguished team of contributors and a better blend of clinical and basic-science information than any other source, providing you with the best possible understanding of the clinical issues surrounding every operative situation.
- Features a more user-friendly format, a larger and more helpful array of full-color illustrations, and a more versatile and well-constructed web site than other resources-making the answers that you need easier to locate and understand quickly.
- Offers an organization and content that parallels the written board American Board of Surgery exam, providing excellent preparation for certification and recertification.
By Courtney M. Townsend, Jr., MD, Professor and John Woods Harris Distinguished Chairman, Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX