Essentials of Radiology E-Book, 2nd Edition
This best-selling radiology primer clearly explains the basic principles and clinical applications of plain film, CT, MRI, and nuclear medicine. Written in straightforward, accessible language and assuming no prior knowledge of radiology, it provides an ideal introduction to the field. The new edition reflects the all of the momentous recent changes in diagnostic imaging technology and applications, including the diagnosis of abdominal, pelvic, and retroperitoneal conditions. It also presents new coverage of the evaluation of headache, hypertension, and low back pain. Over 550 outstanding, beautifully reproduced digital images demonstrate every essential concept.
New to This Edition
- Discusses recent advances in the diagnostic imaging of abdominal, pelvic, and retroperitoneal conditions.
- Offers an increased emphasis on CT scanning, including helical CT.
- Covers the latest developments in nuclear medicine, especially PET and the new hybrid CT/PET scanners.
- Explores the radiologic evaluation of headache, hypertension, low back pain, and other challenging conditions.
- Incorporates new material on screening for colon and lung cancer.
- Describes the most common pathologic entities, plus rarer life-threatening conditions.
- Uses more than 550 high-quality digital images to capture a wide range of normal imaging findings, common variants, and pathologic findings.
- Written by a single masterful author who is skilled at explaining complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner.
By Fred A. Mettler, Jr., MD, MPH, Chief, Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, New Mexico Veterans Health Care System, Albuquerque, NM