Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases E-Book, 6th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The new edition of this popular reference continues to present the critical answers you need to address your most difficult clinical challenges. It explores the latest advances in the treatment of pediatric disease, equipping you with unparalleled coverage of immunology, epidemiology, public health, preventive medicine, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and much more. Stay on track with updates, including para- and post-infectious demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, antibiotic resistance, and molecular techniques in laboratory diagnosis - just to name a few-enable you to put the very latest knowledge to work for your patients. Plus, as an Expert Consult title, the book comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, plus links to Medline and PubMed abstracts - providing you with rapid and easy reference from any computer!
New to This Edition
- Includes access to the complete text online, fully searchable, plus links to Medline and PubMed abstracts-providing quick and convenient consultation from anyplace with an Internet connection.
- Offers extensive updates on topics including para- and post-infectious demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, antibiotic resistance, molecular techniques in laboratory diagnosis, fever without source and fever of unknown origin, infections associated with transplantation, human immunodeficiency disease, immunomodulating agents and passive immunizations-and many, many more-to help you achieve better patient management outcomes by implementing the very latest knowledge.
- Features the contributions of new authors-representing nearly one-third of the text-who offer you fresh insights on today's practice.
- Offers unmatched, comprehensive coverage of immunology, epidemiology, public health, preventive medicine, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and much more, for convenient consultation in one comprehensive reference.
- Organizes information both by organ system and by etiologic microorganism, enabling you to find the answers you need quickly by approaching any topic from either direction.
By Ralph D. Feigin, MD, J.S. Abercrombie Professor, Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Distinguished Service Professor, Baylor College of Medicine; Physician-in-Chief, Texas Children's Hospital; Physician-in-Chief, Service of Pediatrics, Ben Taub General Hospital; Chief, Pediatric Service, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX