Complications of Myocardial Infarction E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Hardback||$202.00|
1.2 million myocardial infarctions occurred last year in the U.S., and 480,000 patients died following complications of infarction. Now, you can detect and treat the many complications associated with myocardial infarction in time to save many more patients. This title in the brand-new Clinical Diagnostic Imaging Atlas Series offers you authoritative guidance from a well-known cardiologist and imaging expert about when and how to perform the latest diagnostic imaging tests, interpret the results, and effectively treat the emergency. Detailed discussions of hot topics, full-color illustrations, and a DVD of procedural video clips, animations, and downloadable image libraries help you provide fast, appropriate treatment for each challenging case you face.
- Offers detailed advice on when and how to screen for the most prevalent but often difficult-to-diagnose complications of myocardial infarction to help you improve care and increase survival rates.
- Discusses the hottest topics in myocardial infarction, including cardiogenic shock . left ventricle remodeling . thrombi . right ventricle infarction . free wall rupture . false aneurysms . tamponade . ventricular septal rupture . papillary muscle rupture . and more that prepare you to better diagnose and manage whatever you see.
- Presents 70 fully illustrated case presentations with teaching points that make information easy to understand and digest.
- Addresses the advantages and limitations of chest radiology, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, cardiac CT, MR, angiography, and nuclear cardiology techniques so you can quickly determine the best imaging approach.
- Includes supporting evidence and current AHA/ACC guidelines for more accurate interpretations of your imaging findings.
- Uses a consistent, easy-to-follow chapter format that includes topic overview, an outline of imaging/diagnostic options, and case-based examples to make reference easy.
- Provides more than 400 full-color illustrations for expert visual guidance.
By Stuart J. Hutchison, MD, FRCPC, FACC, FAHA, FASE, FSCMR, FSCCT, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Calgary Division of Cardiology, Foothills Medical Center; Department of Cardiac Sciences, Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta, Calgary, Canada