Interventional Pain Management: Image-Guided Procedures E-Book, 2nd Edition
Thoroughly revised and reorganized, this 2nd edition offers you meticulous how-to-do-it guidance on performing today's top radiographically guided regional anesthesia and pain management techniques. Renowned experts explain how to make optimal use of fluoroscopy, MRI, and CT to pinpoint the exact anatomic site for each procedure.
New to This Edition
- Features two new sections Advanced Techniques and Emerging Techniques, incorporates new procedures into the upper and lower extremity and head and neck chapters, and revises all other chapters substantially to put you on the cusp of the latest advances in the field.
- Uses nearly 1,600 crisp illustrations, 50% new to this edition, to illuminate every concept.
- Presents a complete reorganization by body region and focused content to help you get to the information you need quickly.
- Provides fluoroscopic, MR, and CT images coupled with distinct line drawings for each procedure to ensure proper positioning and easy application of techniques.
- Offers easy-to-follow step-by-step descriptions addressing every aspect of patient positioning, the use of radiographic solutions for tissue-specific enhancement, and correct techniques for anesthesia/analgesia administration so you can be sure your patient will be pain free throughout the procedure.
- Discusses possible complications to help you avoid mistakes.
- Includes descriptions of procedures for each image guided technique as well as the approaches available for such imaging so you can choose the correct procedure for every patient.
By P. Prithvi Raj, MD, Professor of Anesthesiology, Co-Director of Pain Services, Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine, International Pain Institute, Lubbock, TX