Cytopathologic Diagnosis of Serous Fluids E-Book
|Print - Hardback||
This new reference examines specimen processing of effusion fluids, detailing the steps needed to obtain more accurate diagnoses while avoiding common pitfalls. A methodical, algorithmic approach to the evaluation and interpretation of specimens enables you to establish a definitive diagnosis in these often difficult cases. User-friendly features - combined with extensive tables and algorithms - facilitate ease of interpretation, and highlighted information makes the most essential concepts easy to reference quickly.
- Avoid potential errors in diagnosis with a full chapter that offers expert approaches to specimen collection and processing.
- Arrive at more accurate diagnoses with the aid of step-by-step algorithms plus hundreds of illustrations - including multiple images for each phenomenon representing a broad range of stains and magnifications.
- Achieve optimal diagnostic certainty by viewing correlations between Pap, Diff-Quick (Romanowsky), and immunocytochemical stain for every type of serous effusion.
- Recognize the difference in cell samples yielded after washing the serous cavity with saline or balanced salt solution versus effusion fluid.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of Pap stains versus Diff-Quick stains in FNA evaluations.
- Remain up to date with the latest technologies such as liquid based cytology (SurePath™) and ThinPrep™.
- Easily apply principles to real-life practice by reviewing detailed histories.
- Quickly locate the guidance you need with a color-coded chapter system.
- Focus on the most important points with user-friendly highlighted boxes.
By Vinod B. Shidham, MD, Associate Professor, Director of FNAB Service and Cytopathology Fellowship Program, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI