Review of Orthopaedics, 6th Edition
At all levels of orthopaedic training and practice, Review of Orthopaedics, by Mark D. Miller, MD, is an ideal, state-of-the-art resource for efficient review of key orthopaedic knowledge and board prep. Thoroughly updated, this edition helps you ensure your mastery of the very latest scientific and clinical information.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Effectively understand and review key concepts
- Test your knowledge with multiple-choice review questions.
- Spend more time studying and less time searching. Testable material is now bolded throughout and summarized at the end of each chapter, for quick reference to essential information.
- Easily locate additional sources for study with carefully selected bibliographies, organized by topic.
- Access the full contents online, fully searchable, at expertconsult.com, with links to full reference lists and original PubMed source material.
- Focus on the concepts you are most likely to be tested on . Every chapter has been carefully compared to the most recent OITE and ABOS self-assessment exams to ensure that the content covers everything you need to pass…and nothing you don’t.
- Learn from the best. Study confidently summaries and review questions compiled by noted national and international subspecialists.
- Efficiently retain and synthesize information thanks to a concise, at-a-glance format with numerous illustrations and summary boxes throughout the book that highlight salient top testing facts and condense complex concepts, to assist you in understanding key material presented in each chapter.
- Hone your skills with succinct, yet thorough synopses of a wide range of key operative techniques.
"The book starts with an excellent review of basic science, followed by 15 parts, each dedicated to a specific topic in orthopedic dysfunction. All sections have excellent quality illustrations and photos. Previous editions have been very popular with residents and medical students and I am certain this edition will be equally popular. It is good review to use in preparation for in-training or certifying examinations" - Riad Barmada, MD(University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine)
"The reader can expect to find a rather complete explanation of the condition and the current methods of treatment. Its real value… is a review source for the orthopaedic resident or as a quick reference for the practicing orthopaedic surgeon" -- JBJS
"Previous editions have been very popular with residents and medical students and I am certain this edition will be equally popular. It is good review to use in preparation for in-training or certifying examinations. However, if detailed or in-depth information is needed, readers should seek out other references dedicated to a particular topic."- Riad Barmada, MD (University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine) Doody review!
By Mark D. Miller, MD, Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Head, Division of Sports Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA; Team Physician, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA; Stephen R. Thompson, MBBS, MEd, FRCSC, Fellow, Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
and Jennifer Hart, MPAS, PA-C, ATC, Preceptor, Physician Assistant Orthopaedic Residency Program, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA