Medical Physiology E-Book, 2nd Edition
The updated 2nd edition of this accessible and in-depth resource firmly relates molecular and cellular biology to the study of human physiology and disease. Leading physiologists present you with practical, accurate coverage, continually emphasizing the clinical implications of the material. Each chapter explains the principles and organization of each body system, while more than 800 high-quality, full-color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples clarify every concept. This exceptionally detailed and comprehensive guide to physiology is ideal for a rich, straightforward, state-of-the-art understanding of this essential subject.
New to This Edition
- Features access to the complete contents of the book online, plus a full image collection, animations, 150 review questions, and supplemental web notes for more detailed information.
- Keeps you current with updated material, including a new chapter on Physiology of Aging and a new section on hemostasis.
- Offers the latest visual guidance with a revised and updated art program.
- Provides clinical examples of disordered physiology in prominent boxes throughout the text for at-a-glance access to important content.
- Clarifies concepts with the use of 800 color drawings that feature balloon captions explaining key processes.
- Presents material in a consistent style to make the text readable and easy to understand.
- Offers a practical organization by body system for an intuitive and accessible approach to physiology.
By Walter F. Boron, MD, PhD, Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT and Emile L. Boulpaep, MD, Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT