Emergency Medicine, E-Book, 2nd Edition
Back in an all-new edition, Emergency Medicine covers the most common disorders seen in the emergency department in a handy, outline format. It explains the responsibilities of the emergency physician along with the decisions that need to be made. The 2nd Edition is perfect for on-the-go consultation--soft cover, shorter, and more focused.
New to This Edition
- Features new chapters on shock, penetrating trauma, HIV patients, and domestic violence.
- Provides more information on women patients and evidence-based medicine.
- Includes new international contributors.
- Updates and revises all chapters with the newest information.
- Organized by symptom orientation rather than disease, reflecting how patients present.
- Covers the most common presentations in emergency medicine.
- Provides case studies throughout the chapters.
- Gives special consideration to pediatric and geriatric populations in most chapters
By Glenn C. Hamilton, MD; Arthur B. Sanders, MD; Gary Strange, MD and Alexander T. Trott, MD, Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH