Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Safely and effectively treat a full range of skin disorders with Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy, 3rd Edition! This trusted dermatology reference provides concise, complete, up-to-date guidance on today's full spectrum of topical, intralesional, and systemic drugs. Dr. Steven E. Wolverton and a team of leading international experts clearly explain what drugs to use, when to use them, and what to watch out for.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Discover the best uses for new biologic therapeutics such as ustekinumab and rituximab, as well as newly improved TNF inhibitors.
- Offer your patients the very latest in cosmetic procedures, including chemical peels, intradermal fillers, and botulinum toxin.
- Use the safest and most effective drugs possible with new chapters on irritants and allergens in topical therapeutic agents, plus a new, separate chapter on mycophenolate mofetil.
- Review drugs recently taken off the market by the FDA, and use that knowledge to improve your current dermatologic drug therapy.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com and perform rapid searches for drug indications, interactions, monitoring guidelines, and much more.
- Prescribe with confidence thanks to quick-access summaries of indications/contraindications, dosage guidelines, drug interactions, drug monitoring guidelines, adverse effects, and treatment protocols.
- Assess your knowledge and prepare for certification or recertification with more than 800 review questions and answers throughout the book.
- Contain costs and meet patient expectations with purchase information provided for major drugs.
- Quickly evaluate drug options for each disease discussed using a highly detailed, disease-specific index.
"Clinicians will love this book. You cannot legitimately consider yourself a real dermatologist if you do not have this reference in your armamentarium. I recommend that all dermatologists buy two copies -- one for the office and one for home. This is a superb book and I am delighted to own it!"- Patricia Wong, MD (Stanford University Medical Center) 5 star Doody Rating!
By Stephen E Wolverton, Professor of Clinical Dermatology
Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs