Surgical Technology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$118.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Deliver the best patient care before, during, and after surgery with straightforward information to guide you through each step. Student-friendly features including chapter outlines and summaries, review questions, technique boxes, and a full-color design make even complex material easier to understand. Revised to match the latest AST Core Curriculum guidelines, this new edition covers the topics and procedures from a variety of surgical disciplines you'll use in practice. Plus, new and revised chapters on technology, postoperative recovery, energy sources, and much more keep you at the cutting edge of the field.
New to This Edition
- New Skills DVD provides instructors with the tools to demonstrate the skills their students must master and provides a tool for students to work independently to enhance their knowledge and understanding of each skill.
- Death and Dying chapter details the proper techniques for handling sensitive issues in the operating room.
- Biomedical and Computer Technology chapter includes vital content on technology you'll use and see in the field with discussions of the latest technological advances.
- Postoperative Recovery chapter helps you understand patient care after a surgical procedure.
- Updated information on energy sources, minimally invasive surgery, diagnostic endoscopy, and robotics follows the AST Core Curriculum and ensures you have the most up-to-date and accurate knowledge for the operating room.
- Content reflects the revised AST Core Curriculum for Surgical Technology guidelines.
- Complete index listings of medical prefixes, suffixes, and root words offer a quick and convenient guide to reinforce your medical vocabulary.
- Chapter outlines, bulleted chapter summaries, and chapter review questions strengthen your understanding of key content.
- Vibrant, full-color design with bullets, numbering, and technique boxes makes it easier to read and understand important information.
- Easy-to-follow organization helps you build up your knowledge from chapter to chapter.
- Procedures broken down into surgical goals, pathology, technique, and discussion allow you to learn each surgical procedure step-by-step.
By Joanna Kotcher Fuller, BA, BSN, RN, RGN, MPH, Emergency Medical Coordinator, Medical Emergency Relief International, UK-Global